The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

singh246
What GCSE grades did you get. Is 3A* 2A 3B and unfortunately 1F good enough

10 of the little starry ones, and usually you can't get less than 4A* if you want to get in :biggrin:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
The Edwinnator
10 of the little starry ones, and usually you can't get less than 4A* if you want to get in :biggrin:

u need 4 A-stars to get into uni?
Reply 3
They meant for LSE specifically
Reply 4
LOL, All you nobs with AStars. :cool:
I got 2B 5C 3D.
Reply 5
I heard that you need 6A* to do Economics at LSE. Is that true?
Reply 6
he means LSE you muppets. <<
to be fair yea u do need a starry night to get into oxbridge and lse. the sites reccommend at least 6 A or A* grades.
You don't need a specific amount of GCSE's at certain grades to get into uni (well, maybe in some u will need at least a grade C/B in English or Maths etc) but uni's mainly focus on your A level grades, your personal statement and your extra-curricular activities such as sport or music etc...however, for places such as LSE the majority or applicants will be straight A and A* grade students anyway so in a way, the higher GCSE grades you have the better because if your personal statement is up against someone else's and the Uni is stuck as to which one to choose, in the end they may simply choose on the basis of who has higher GCSE grades. I was extremely lucky to get a conditional offer at St. Andrews on the basis i get 3 A's at A level as i explained my situation and what i went through at the time of the GCSE examinations. I hope this has been some sort of help to you.
I mean for LSE specifically!:biggrin:
What course at LSE,
i got 3A* 4A 2B and 1C
I will be taking Actuarial Science. My GCSE arent that great but I should get 4A's for A level. I will also have some work experience
Reply 12
So annoying how people are going off on a rant about how unis don't pay attention to GCSE grades when the thread is clearly in the LSE forum.

I got 8A* and 3A somehow, i'm still amazed 2 years later.
Just emphasising that this is NOT for any university but for LSE and I will be apply for a course in Actuarial Science.

Thanks
1.5A*s
6.5As
3Bs
Reply 15
lol to some of the above posters.. this is an LSE forum.
Reply 16
A* x 3
A x 4
B x 1
D x 1
I don't know how it will help you if you knew how many we got, but still:
8A*s and 1 A
Reply 18
why is this in the LSE forum :confused:
Reply 19
------------------------
(edited 12 years ago)