My piercing won’t heal Watch

Paigeyisconfused
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I’m Paige I recently got my helix pierced ( the cartilage at the top of your ear) I got it done on the side that I don’t normally sleep on ( the right) The issue is that since I got it pieced I find that I keep turning on to that side during the night and waking up to me being in my left side supposed to my right but I never did this before .Also the original bar I got it pierced with fell out after 2 weeks as my hair wrapped around it so I had to put a stud in until I got home as I was in collage at the time and then I put I ring in. I am now worried that it will not heel appropriately as it still hurts and I have had it in for over a
month 😭 any advice would be appreciated.
Last edited by Paigeyisconfused; 3 weeks ago
cath_slater
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I had my helix done over 2 months ago and mine still hurts. Everyone’s healing time is different and sometimes I can take up to two years for it to be fully healed. Try using a neck pillow when you sleep as this can prevent you from moving about. I also prop myself up with pillows and blankets to stop me from moving about
marieontour
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I got my helix done like 3 years ago and it still hurts sometimes. Its normal. This piercing takes a looooong time to heal so make sure you always keep it clean and healthy
marieontour
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by marieontour)
I got my helix done like 3 years ago and it still hurts sometimes. Its normal. This piercing takes a looooong time to heal so make sure you always keep it clean and healthy
Also changing the piercing wasnt a good idea, make sure you wear jewelry that youre not allergic to and also make sure you give your piercing enough space
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (263)
54.23%
18-20 years old (no) (63)
12.99%
20-25 years old (yes) (82)
16.91%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.86%
25-30 years old (yes) (25)
5.15%