upset - rejected from uni exec Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i feel quite upset about rejections lately (not just solely about uni exec btw). but anyway I have applied for exec roles in 3 different societies at uni, got interviews for all of them and spent like 2 day preparing my manifestos and application, and then i got rejected afterwards what is wrong with me? i honestly dont even think there are that many applicants for those roles
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i feel quite upset about rejections lately (not just solely about uni exec btw). but anyway I have applied for exec roles in 3 different societies at uni, got interviews for all of them and spent like 2 day preparing my manifestos and application, and then i got rejected afterwards what is wrong with me? i honestly dont even think there are that many applicants for those roles
Sometimes they can be a bit cliquey. Nobody likes rejection. Start your own society or just find better things to do. Honestly running things is a thankless task and takes up so much time. Pointless beating yourself up.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
tigger is right, ime those things are tied up before interviews and they know who they want and it's not based on a manifesto
Anonymous #1
(Original post by doodle_333)
tigger is right, ime those things are tied up before interviews and they know who they want and it's not based on a manifesto
(Original post by 999tigger)
Sometimes they can be a bit cliquey. Nobody likes rejection. Start your own society or just find better things to do. Honestly running things is a thankless task and takes up so much time. Pointless beating yourself up.
thanks guys

its just that i put in a lot of effort and i really want to make a contribution to the society. i even gave a speech in front of the entire society, though I have a fear of public speaking. i tried out for another internal university competition thing at another society today, and they told me that I did way better than the other participants and now i just received an email that i got rejected. again.
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
thanks guys

its just that i put in a lot of effort and i really want to make a contribution to the society. i even gave a speech in front of the entire society, though I have a fear of public speaking. i tried out for another internal university competition thing at another society today, and they told me that I did way better than the other participants and now i just received an email that i got rejected. again.
Not quite sure whether its an su society or something more important. Societies can be the ruin of you if you end up doing too much.
Nobody likes rejection but imo you are being a little too hard on yourself over something that could do you a favour. You can always ask for feedback.

Imo focus on studies.
Adding to CV based on skills development and work or community exposure.
Earning beer, social or food money.
Did I say your studies.
Having a good time with friends.

I think running societies is a poor return based on efforts put in. As I said you can always start your own
or a community project and you can really sell that. The focus could be on a contribution to society?
There is a type at uni that always aim to be on as many committees as possible, pay them no attention and be smarter than that, think where you can make a real different. theres are many ways up the mountain.
Are you Y1,2,3?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Not quite sure whether its an su society or something more important. Societies can be the ruin of you if you end up doing too much.
Nobody likes rejection but imo you are being a little too hard on yourself over something that could do you a favour. You can always ask for feedback.

Imo focus on studies.
Adding to CV based on skills development and work or community exposure.
Earning beer, social or food money.
Did I say your studies.
Having a good time with friends.

I think running societies is a poor return based on efforts put in. As I said you can always start your own
or a community project and you can really sell that. The focus could be on a contribution to society?
There is a type at uni that always aim to be on as many committees as possible, pay them no attention and be smarter than that, think where you can make a real different. theres are many ways up the mountain.
Are you Y1,2,3?
Thank you so much.

I am Y1 but i am a mature student, hence I am kinda uptight about it, you? What did you do to bump up your cv?
i honestly really loved the competition thing at that society though, and spent days working for it and the feedback given was that i performed better than the rest, but still rejected. I literally wasted weeks preparing for all these for nothing, and now I'm lagging behind on my work
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
thanks guys

shows what me and tigger said... it's not about who did best, it's about who's friends with the current committee. I'm sorry and it sucks but look at it this way... you were the best! you did great! Try and think of some other things you'd enjoy doing or as tigger said think what society you could start yourself!
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am Y1 but i am a mature student, hence I am kinda uptight about it, you? What did you do to bump up your cv?
i honestly really loved the competition thing at that society though, and spent days working for it and the feedback given was that i performed better than the rest, but still rejected. I literally wasted weeks preparing for all these for nothing, and now I'm lagging behind on my work
That's it.

They don't know you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (5)
20%
Unconditional if firmed (1)
4%
Unconditional if insurance (0)
0%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (0)
0%
No unconditional offers (19)
76%

Watched Threads