Dont get firm grades but get insurance Watch

bobbeling
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
If i dont acchieve my firm offer but meet the grades for my insurance, would this mean i have to accept my insurance offer? or could i go in to clearing?

If i dont meet my firm grades is there a possibility they would still accept me?
Gymnosopher
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you're close to your firm grades you can call them up and try to get in - I would say this is less likely at the higher tier universities but I have a friend at UCL doing Law who got AABB and missed the AAA offer but they still accepted him

Not so sure about the clearing thing, I think you need to withdraw your application or something.. Or phone them up and moan down the phone untill they withdraw their offer and you're allowed to get into clearing
Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As far I know, you have to have no acceptances to enter clearing. So if you miss your firm (and can't beg your way in), but meet your insurance, you are obliged to take your insurance. If you want to enter clearing, you have to call your insurance and ask to be released.

I'll check though.
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
UCAS's Student Clearing Page

You cannot be accepted/confirmed as attending any university if you plan to enter clearing. So, you have to be released from your firm and/or insurance.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yes, you have to ask the university has to allow you into clearing, which they probs would do. but why put them as insurance if you didnt want them at all?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Quady)
yes, the university has to allow you into clearing, which they probs would do. but why put them as insurance if you didnt want them at all?
No, they don't have to.

Unis can release you if they want to. They don't have to, and they can take their time about it.

:juno:
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
No, they don't have to.

Unis can release you if they want to. They don't have to, and they can take their time about it.

:juno:
I think he means the uni have to release you (ie, they have to before you go into clearing), rather than they have to as in they have to respect your decision and have no choice but to release you. :P
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry, didn't make that clear! Spotty dog got me right!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (534)
37.82%
No - but I will (110)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (672)
47.59%

Watched Threads