The Student Room Group

What London areas aren’t safe?

I’m not too familiar with London, But I keep hearing of the stabbings especially in South London. Anyone have experience in specific areas with shady areas, roadmen etc?

Scroll to see replies

north west london. just stay away from there, i’m highly against it.
The best thing I found about London was the train ride out of King's Cross back home again. :lol:
Stay away from all of London if you can.
hackney
Original post by toptier
I’m not too familiar with London, But I keep hearing of the stabbings especially in South London. Anyone have experience in specific areas with shady areas, roadmen etc?

Brixton, kennington, pimlico are the main ones I think.
Reply 6
Why hasn't some game developer made an Open world GTA style game based on all the London stabbings/gang activity?

If done right it would be a tripple A title for sure

You start off as a new recruit being initiated into a gang and during the course of the game you work yourself up the ranks and gain notoriety

You can buy body armour, and zombie knife's ..etc, and you earn money from drug dealing and robbing "food" from other gang members [Top Boy style]

You go to war and have defend your patches from rival gang members, even set honey traps to pick off certain individuals ..all the time trying to stay one step ahead of the feds

Seriously, the game would sell.
I would say North West too
Reply 8
restore health by visiting Chicken Shops

1st DLC expansion: "County Lines..."

The possibilities are endless.....
London is the most surveillanced city in the world - you will be fine

Did you also hear there was a double stabbing murder in a little village near milton keynes last week as well? Serious crime is not just a London issue...

you can be pick pocketed yes like in many other cities and just be cautious of your surroundings. but if you seriously think a 'Roadman' is going to stab you as soon as you get out of the station in south london then good luck to you...
Why go to London when you can go to Gods own country, Yorkshire
Original post by ANM775
Why hasn't some game developer made an Open world GTA style game based on all the London stabbings/gang activity?

If done right it would be a tripple A title for sure

Seriously, the game would sell.

They made GTA: London years ago...it was...not good.
Reply 12
Original post by StriderHort
They made GTA: London years ago...it was...not good.

Hahaha normal GTA but with minis and the House of commons. God it was crap
London is just too unsafe right now! there's been stabbing every single week for the past 37 weeks if not more
.. tragic
Paternoster Square, rife with criminality...
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 15
There was a doccumtary last night on C5 about this.

They mentioned catford and lewisham a lot as problem areas. They talked to a group of youths throughout the show. One youth said he knew 6 people who were stabbed to death and around 10 who survived. He was 16. I was thinking to myself, Jesus ... that's a bit extreme. During the course of the show he got locked up for carrying a weapon and two of his mates got stabbed to death [both of whom had featured in the show before it happened]

Honestly though OP, unless you are affiliated with gangs .. it's unlikely you will become a victim

The gangs are not going about stabbing random people, it's people they've got beef with
Reply 16
Original post by Spyro The Dragon
The best thing I found about London was the train ride out of King's Cross back home again. :lol:

lmao huh whats so good abt it?
Reply 17
Original post by ANM775
There was a doccumtary last night on C5 about this.

They mentioned catford and lewisham a lot as problem areas. They talked to a group of youths throughout the show. One youth said he knew 6 people who were stabbed to death and around 10 who survived. He was 16. I was thinking to myself, Jesus ... that's a bit extreme. During the course of the show he got locked up for carrying a weapon and two of his mates got stabbed to death [both of whom had featured in the show before it happened]

Honestly though OP, unless you are affiliated with gangs .. it's unlikely you will become a victim

The gangs are not going about stabbing random people, it's people they've got beef with

oh thank you so much, this is reassuring.
Statistics vs reality. Reality is, you will be fine.
Original post by IH8Studying
north west london. just stay away from there, i’m highly against it.

what's wrong with north west london?

Quick Reply

Latest