The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Black Studies at BCU

Looking to take the Black Studies course at Birmingham City University, I'm looking for honest reviews on the course from those who have taken it as it is relatively new.
Original post by mmlsk
Looking to take the Black Studies course at Birmingham City University, I'm looking for honest reviews on the course from those who have taken it as it is relatively new.

I haven't and don't intend to take this course. Can I ask you something though? What made you consider this course? What in your head shouts that this is a great course to be in student debt for? What career prospects stem from this degree?
Not trying to be derogatory just very intrigued by your decision to consider it.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Jords2011
I haven't and don't intend to take this course. Can I ask you something though? What made you consider this course? What in your head shouts that this is a great course to be in student debt for? What career prospects stem from this degree?
Not trying to be derogatory just very intrigued by your decision to consider it.

Information about the course and career prospects can be found here: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/social-sciences/research/centre-for-critical-social-research/black-studies :smile:
Original post by mmlsk
Information about the course and career prospects can be found here: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/social-sciences/research/centre-for-critical-social-research/black-studies :smile:

I didn't want to know about the content and entry requirements of the course, I wanted to hear your view. If you don't want to give that then that's cool :smile:

A background in race theory is necessary in order to deconstruct the systematic institutional white supremacy.
Original post by AngeryPenguin
A background in race theory is necessary in order to deconstruct the systematic institutional white supremacy.

I agree 100% don't get me wrong, I just don't know if it's a degree worth studying at university.
Reply 6
I agree 100% don't get me wrong, I just don't know if it's a degree worth studying at university.

Ok! Thanks for your input.
Reply 7
Original post by mmlsk

Hey there! I was looking for information regarding this course as well and I found a video called "A day in the life of a black studies student" and ended up contacting the girl in the video on facebook! She was incredibly nice and answered all my questions. I'll leave you the link :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUcyraPfzXg

Quick Reply