mmlsk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Looking to take the Black Studies course at Birmingham City University, I'm looking for honest reviews on the course from those who have taken it as it is relatively new.
Jords2011
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mmlsk)
Looking to take the Black Studies course at Birmingham City University, I'm looking for honest reviews on the course from those who have taken it as it is relatively new.
I haven't and don't intend to take this course. Can I ask you something though? What made you consider this course? What in your head shouts that this is a great course to be in student debt for? What career prospects stem from this degree?
Not trying to be derogatory just very intrigued by your decision to consider it.
mmlsk
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jords2011)
I haven't and don't intend to take this course. Can I ask you something though? What made you consider this course? What in your head shouts that this is a great course to be in student debt for? What career prospects stem from this degree?
Not trying to be derogatory just very intrigued by your decision to consider it.
Information about the course and career prospects can be found here: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/social-science.../black-studies
Jords2011
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mmlsk)
Information about the course and career prospects can be found here: https://www.bcu.ac.uk/social-science.../black-studies
I didn't want to know about the content and entry requirements of the course, I wanted to hear your view. If you don't want to give that then that's cool
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Report 3 weeks ago
A background in race theory is necessary in order to deconstruct the systematic institutional white supremacy.
Jords2011
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
A background in race theory is necessary in order to deconstruct the systematic institutional white supremacy.
I agree 100% don't get me wrong, I just don't know if it's a degree worth studying at university.
mmlsk
Rep:
?
I agree 100% don't get me wrong, I just don't know if it's a degree worth studying at university.
Ok! Thanks for your input.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 24 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (138)
54.33%
18-20 years old (no) (31)
12.2%
20-25 years old (yes) (39)
15.35%