The Student Room Group

Need help with GCSEs! Plz

Is it possible to get an A* as an overall after having a grade B in year 10. I was 2 marks of an A. I took wjec btw
Yeah I got from a 2 to a 8 in like 6-8 months in DT
Original post by Harrysgod
Is it possible to get an A* as an overall after having a grade B in year 10. I was 2 marks of an A. I took wjec btw

Is your grade B from an actual exam, or is it a mock?

It is possible if you put the work in, have a look at the grade boundaries for each grade though.
Reply 3
Original post by Hazzabear
Is your grade B from an actual exam, or is it a mock?

It is possible if you put the work in, have a look at the grade boundaries for each grade though.

Oh yes, my B was from an actual exam
Reply 4
Original post by PetitePanda
Yeah I got from a 2 to a 8 in like 6-8 months in DT

That's amazing how did you do that and what exam board are you in?
Reply 5
Yes, what subject is it? I might be able to help.
That's amazing how did you do that and what exam board are you in?

I finished my coursework with lots of detail and finished all the sections like really well and I got the highest in the 2 years they ran the NEA. I revised only for a specific type of material which is paper to gain easy marks for section B.
Reply 7
Thank you
I actually got B for all my subjects apart from physics
Biology B
Chemistry B
Physics C
Reply 8
I finished my coursework with lots of detail and finished all the sections like really well and I got the highest in the 2 years they ran the NEA. I revised only for a specific type of material which is paper to gain easy marks for section B.

That's amazing, so did you take the subject as a one year?
That's amazing, so did you take the subject as a one year?

Nahh I did it for 2 years it’s just that the first year I barely did anything and it was just some practice manufacturing that didn’t do anything to my grade or to help prep for coursework. We learnt the theory that year so that we can have the whole year to focus on the nea the last year but I didn’t pay attention to theory at all - thus why I got a 2.
Reply 10
Thanks so much! But what do you think I'll get as an overall for physics if I got a C in year 10 and this year (year 11) I manage to get A*s in my year 11 exam and practical? Could I still get it onto an A*
Reply 11
Nahh I did it for 2 years it’s just that the first year I barely did anything and it was just some practice manufacturing that didn’t do anything to my grade or to help prep for coursework. We learnt the theory that year so that we can have the whole year to focus on the nea the last year but I didn’t pay attention to theory at all - thus why I got a 2.

That's incredible. Are you doing a-levels now? or have you just moved to college?
That's incredible. Are you doing a-levels now? or have you just moved to college?

Yes I’m doing a levels now at the same school I was before.
Reply 13
Yes but what if I wanted to go to like Oxford or Cambridge wouldn't the overall of an A for physics be a setback?

Quick Reply

Latest