The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I find them pretty good usually - I've been buying stuff from them for years. The service is much faster than with Amazon (in my experience, anyway) - most things turn up within about three working days.
i have never had any problems with them as it took about 2 days for me to get my stuff even though i picked the cheapest option :smile:
I agree. It's generally faster than Amazon, and I've always been satisfied with the service they've given.
Reply 4
Yup I buy from them all the time...Mainly Games and DVD's off them
Fast delivery usually :smile:
I recommend but be careful with their memory cards..I bought a Sony one for my PSP and it was faulty but they sent me a new one that worked which was cool.
:smile:
Reply 5
Nayberay
Yup I buy from them all the time...Mainly Games and DVD's off them
Fast delivery usually :smile:
I recommend but be careful with their memory cards..I bought a Sony one for my PSP and it was faulty but they sent me a new one that worked which was cool.
:smile:

No need to be careful - it's not their fault it was faulty, no retailer can/will test every product (can easily involve destroying packaging).

Play.com highly recommended anyway. They're based in Jersey so delivery times can be a day longer than somewhere in the mainland UK, but it's free so can't moan! :smile:
Reply 6
suek
No need to be careful - it's not their fault it was faulty, no retailer can/will test every product (can easily involve destroying packaging).

I didn't say it was their fault Lol.If I thought that I wouldn't be still buying off them 2 years later.

In general Play.com=Brill I was gonna buy Simpsons Series 10 at Woolworths for ÂŁ30 then Play.com had it for ÂŁ14.99 in one of their sales. :smile: Bargain :biggrin:
Reply 7
I've never had a problem with Play.com. Often when I pre-order goods they arrive the day before release, or the day of release (the new R.E.M album being an exception :frown:)

When ordering they are usually quick, within a 2-3 working days. Much faster than Amazon, reasonable prices and free delivery too unlike Amazon (usually).
They have always been good. Fast delivery and no problems. I use them more than amazon.
Play.com is fairly huge now, and I've only had one or two problems in 4 years.

Something went missing in the post, and I had to wait 21 working days before I could get a replacement, and I preordered a laptop which was eventually delivered in a plastic bag, but the wrong one.

For DVDs, CDs, games and cheap clothes though, play.com is still one of the best, and I've got a couple of things ordered with them now!
If you pre-order stuff from them, it can arrive early :biggrin:
play.com=*amazing*. I just got two deliveries from them XD
Reply 12
Nayberay
I didn't say it was their fault Lol.If I thought that I wouldn't be still buying off them 2 years later.

Was just the way you said to be careful with their memory cards - same thing happens anywhere.

Of course the good side of your tale is that their returns dept is excellent, I've found this myself. :smile:
Hm, I was expecting at least one negative reply. I've received a CD in a broken case (obviously not caused by the delivery) and a horribly scratched game disc. In both cases the item had been out for a couple of years, rather than a recent release.

The upside was that I did get them at "bargain" prices, but I'd rather pay slightly more for a product in good condition!

By the way, Amazon do free delivery as well if you spend enough in the transaction, and if you select the Super Saver Delivery option (think that's what it's called anyway).
Reply 14
I find them to be quick and reliable
No problems with them.
Reply 15
Yup, buy from them quite often-cheap and fast.
I object when Amazon takes a long time, 'cos I've paid over the odds for P&P.
Ironically, Play is nearly always faster, and It's free!
Usually about 2 working days for the stuff.
I've always had excellent service. Best to order stuff on Monday, or the weekend before, otherwise you end up waiting until the next week to get it.
Reply 18
Always buy things from Play great service :smile:.
I love this company, they've always been perfect for me.

Latest

Trending

Trending