The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've just had three parcels arrive. They were dispatched on either Tuesday or yesterday.

I prefer play a bit to Amazon for DVDs and games
its amazing.

Prompt delivery.
I bought a CD once which didn't work, rang them up. I posted it back to them they sent me out a new one next day. AND refunded the postage i spent posting the duff one back....

Its usually cheaper than amazon also...
Reply 22
ditto to all the above, great free delivery and good prices!
Strangely, I've never used play.com

Amazon seem to be cheaper than play.com on things I want to buy, most of the time.
I choose Super Saver Delivery all the time, and it arrives in about a week.

Looking at all these recommendations of play.com for free fast delivery, I think I'll start using them.
Reply 24
FireDeuce
I object when Amazon takes a long time, 'cos I've paid over the odds for P&P.
Ironically, Play is nearly always faster, and It's free!
Usually about 2 working days for the stuff.

:ditto: I've never been very impressed by Amazon, and Play's service frankly makes a total mockery of Amazon, which usually charges more for the goods, then adds P&P on top of it and takes longer to deliver.

I've been using Play for years for everything from music CDs to computer RAM and very highly recommend them ;yes;
Ive never had a problem with them, I think one item took about 5/6 days to get here, but you cant complain really when its free delivery unlike lots of other companies that try and rip you off with delivery prices :smile:
I have always had great service from Play.com, very fast and easy.

Quite a lot of the time they are faster than Amazon, and they tend to handle enquiries much more friendly and quickly (I can't talk about returns as I have never had to send anything back!)
Reply 27
Yeah, they're great. Just two days ago, I ordered a memory card, and it arrived today. Very quick delivery - ALWAYS! - and nothing is ever damaged. And yes, it's definitely faster than Amazon...
Reply 28
Play.com > Amazon.co.uk
i've never had a problem with play
usually get stuff in 2 working days
amazing service
Reply 30
I'm always buying stuff from there!
Have absolutely no complaints what so ever!
I say go for it!
x
always buy from there
very very reliable!
Play.com are brilliant, free delivery and quickly too. I use both them and Amazon for things depending on price etc and they are usually faster than Amazon.

Also, customer service is excellent and if anything is faulty etc they make sure it is sorted ASAP.
Play.com are fantastic.
Delivery is always really quick, usually around 3 days :smile:
I buy too much from that site :p:
dhokes
Play.com > Amazon.co.uk

:dito:
Reply 35
Brilliant company.
Play.com is amazing. Simple as. :biggrin:
Reply 37
Play.com is my first point of call if I need to buy a Cd/Dvd/memory card/electricals etc. Very quick service and very hard to beat on price too :smile:

I see they now have tv ads, oh how they've grown.
Play.com is an excellent company IMO
my family as a whole has bought loads of stuff, and only ever had two problems, one with late delivery (but tbh delivery is free anyways) when something took 11 days to arrive and another where the item was faulty but they didnt have any argument they just switched the item quickly.

dont need to be careful with them at all imo.
Reply 39
I've used them quite a few times, they're great (:

Latest

Trending

Trending