how badly do you take losing? Watch

BIG BAD BOB
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i cannot think of anything worse than losing at anything and there are no excuses. if i lose at something (that i should be good at) i get a ball of fire in my gut and it moves to my head and it feels as though I could explode (i don't), it is one of few things that makes me feel true anger.
maleficent
Report 10 years ago
I don't share this Olympic thought of taking part is more important than winning either. If I'm into something I want to win - if I just don't care, I don't mind losing. That being said I wouldn't say it's an awful trait, since it (often) simply shows that you're ambitious... though I often feel sorry for being moody after I lost. Most people can cope with these situations better than me, I guess.
Aconite
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So you're the Monopoly board-overturning type?
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't compete unless i'm going to put my full effort in. If I put my full effort into something and come 2nd then I see that as losing and a waste of my full effort, so it does annoy me. I don't tend to verbalise it at all though because then you just look like Andy Murray.
evil groove
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't take losing too badly. If I do lose at something then my aim is to get feedback and then learn from the mistakes I made, so I can succeed next time.

The feeling the O.P. described is one I get when I lose one of my possessions. I truly hate not knowing where my stuff is. The same emotions occur if I accidently break something I own, or if someone else steals my stuff ---> I get really pissed off.
Charlybob
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends what it's with.

If it's like with a game or something, I don't mind.

If it's something mathsy, or with a computer, well, easy way to put it, I don't. I won't move until I get it right or to work ¬_¬
McLovin'
Report 10 years ago
If I loose after trying really hard, I literally cannot control my anger. This ranges from playing on my ps3 to athletics championships.
Norfolkadam
Report 10 years ago
I'm fine. It's when I am right I get bad.

"ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG"
"ADMIT IT!"
Myotherone
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate losing but i manage to control my anger and try to find an excuse for me losing
fredscarecrow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Stuff like games etc... I really don't care. But academically, or whatever then I simply don't 'lose'. I won't let myself because it's not something I'm used to or know how to cope with. I belong to the 'a B is a fail' mentality, simply because I know I'm capable of an A XD (Only for me, I don't judge other people by the same standards).

I also find though that I'd much rather flunk something then do 'alright' ...as in, with sport, I'd rather lose 20-0 then 2-1..or I'd rather come out o my A-levels with UUU then BBC because that suggests that I'm 'average' rather than just having not put much effort in, or being halariously dreadgul at whatever I'm attempting. Don't know how much sense that makes, my mentality drives my bf nuts.
evil groove
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by fredscarecrow)
Stuff like games etc... I really don't care. But academically, or whatever then I simply don't 'lose'. I won't let myself because it's not something I'm used to or know how to cope with. I belong to the 'a B is a fail' mentality, simply because I know I'm capable of an A XD (Only for me, I don't judge other people by the same standards).

I also find though that I'd much rather flunk something then do 'alright' ...as in, with sport, I'd rather lose 20-0 then 2-1..or I'd rather come out o my A-levels with UUU then BBC because that suggests that I'm 'average' rather than just having not put much effort in, or being halariously dreadgul at whatever I'm attempting. Don't know how much sense that makes, my mentality drives my bf nuts.
So what will you do if you don't get AAA?
Truered
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't like to lose.

However in things such as RL sports, monopoly etc I can laugh it off and joke about how crap I am. But if I'm losing on video games? Normal games make me annoyed, but sport games (football manager, PES etc) turn me into a lunatic who wants to smash up an xbox 360/laptop over a conceded goal or so on.
truthseeker
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BIG BAD BOB)
i cannot think of anything worse than losing at anything and there are no excuses. if i lose at something (that i should be good at) i get a ball of fire in my gut and it moves to my head and it feels as though I could explode (i don't), it is one of few things that makes me feel true anger.
Happens to me to but we all got to accept the fact that we lost sooner or later.
Sometimes I think that it is not worth getting angry and hurt myself in any way at all. It is truly an achievement to take losing gracefully.
$am0th
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
im a bad loser, if i loose i always claim someone cheated or go for a rematch till i can win.

I'm the chuck the monopoly board across the table when he lands in jail type
truthseeker
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey, I have the same mentality as you but not for the flunk than alright part:p: .
evil groove
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by truthseeker)
It is truly an achievement to take losing gracefully.
Very true
fredscarecrow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by evil groove)
So what will you do if you don't get AAA?
Cry.
Hate myself for not working hard enough.
Live with the knowledge that I failed to achieve what I should have done.
..I wouldn't re-take if that's what you're asking, but I'll be feeling bitterness about it for a long time

I think maybe it's the mentality my school pushes into us, because all of my friends are the same.
Tyrannosaurus Cal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't care. I grew up with someone who used to have to win all the time, so whenever I started winning, I'd suddenly become very bad and let him win, because he was such a sore loser.

I wonder how many other sore losers mainly win because other people let them?:p:

I always found losing preferable to winning against someone who'd break a bottle in my face because I beat him at Cluedo. (Not that that actually happened)
$am0th
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cry.
Hate myself for not working hard enough.
Live with the knowledge that I failed to achieve what I should have done.
..I wouldn't re-take if that's what you're asking, but I'll be feeling bitterness about it for a long time

I think maybe it's the mentality my school pushes into us, because all of my friends are the same.
A smart brummie!.. well ill be!.. they exist! :p:
BIG BAD BOB
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by McLovin')
If I loose after trying really hard, I literally cannot control my anger. This ranges from playing on my ps3 to athletics championships.
thats an important factor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (129)
38.51%
No - but I will (19)
5.67%
No - I don't want to (25)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (162)
48.36%

Watched Threads