The Student Room Group

GCSE Art experiments and developments

Hi I've decided redo my year 10 experiments and developments because I don't think I clearly showed how I arrived at my final piece idea. I'm really confused about how to do this though. My topic is urban decay namely old abandoned buildings etc.
I have done a photoshoot and selected three artists to explore. Do I do three experiments in the style of each artist? How do I develop this into developments then my final piece. Other ppl have said to move stuff around and change the composition but I dont get how to do that. Also, is my final piece a combination of ideas or do I only focus on one experiment/development?
Sorry for the long question but I'm just so confused idk what to do anymore and my teacher isnt much help.
for your artist research you should copy one of the original artist piece. also you should explain why you've chosen those artists. explain what you like about their works, is is the use of colour?? or use of media?? or maybe the meaning behind their works. you should also have development pieces. so works from your primary photos, you can link them back to the artists if you want. for your developments you should experiment with different media so maybe one in watercolour or one in acrylic. you should also experiment with composition so different point of views or different buildings. after experimenting decide which one is best and choose that as your final piece.

Quick Reply

Latest