I'm in love! Watch

Crissi
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ok i was in love with Leicester uni before i even looked at the place, but i went there yesterday and i was in awe. I love the campus i love the scenery, everything about it. Especially John Fosters, where there's a will there's a way...im staying there!...did anyone else feel this way when they went to see LE?
Faery_Lights
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't describe it as love, but there is a feeling you get when you know you're at the right Uni and that is exactly how I felt when I saw Leicester.
Reflexive
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Leicester's great, you'll love it there. Great city too
kaisersalsek
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You love the campus?! Are you sure you went to Leicester uni?! Oh well, at least my faculty building was nicest one on campus hahaha. Charles Wilson, the Attenborough tower, Adrian building, George Porter, Engineering building... they need demolition! But Fielding Johnson is pretty, especially the secret gardens and ponds in the courtyards where no one goes mwhahaha
Ed.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes I felt the same way, it's my reserve choice but I would still be over-joyed to go there if I didn't get the grades for my first choice.
Usman938
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What were everyones impressions of the new library? Pretty funky eh :P
MuseValheru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im sorry I havnt seen the University, but Leicester itself is a dump!
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
wow-go you-happy for ya and your love for it-it comes/shines through your OP
jenny-bean
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ahh I went yesterday too :]
It was pretty funky, can't say it was love but I will definitely be applying there :] The course I want to do (English and French) was amazing.

One of the accomodation tour guides recognised my mother from last year. Oh dear :P
Reflexive
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MuseValheru)
Compared to where?
kaisersalsek
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's so annoying, I got an entire 6 weeks use out of the library, before they stopped my card (1 whole month before graduation!). So, it started being built half way through my 1st year, and only 3/4 of the way through my 3rd year was it completed. All you potential 1st years should feel very happy indeed! And you get the new shires in town (highcross) that has been being built for all my 3 years of uni! pah!
kaisersalsek
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh and leicester isn't a dump. It's better than a lot of cities to be honest. And it's got much more green and plant coverage!
MuseValheru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Reflexive)
Compared to where?
Oxford, Cambridge, Bath, Bristol, Southampton

I personally dont like Leicester but everybody has their own perferences.
Reflexive
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
True, I guess it depends what you're looking for. I think Leicester's good in terms of lots to do due to the size of the city, a very happening night life, loads of good restaurants and shops and lots of redevelopment at the minute (that goes for the uni itself as well as the city centre).
Crissi
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I don't think Leicester is a dump... at all unless i missed something? it looks quite attractive...
Reflexive
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Actually on the attractive note bradgate park is beautiful. Admittedly it's a little out from Leicester itself!
MuseValheru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Saffron lane and the city around where St Margrets Baths used to be, its a dump.
kaisersalsek
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There are areas in oxford, cambridge, southampton, bristol and bath which are dumps. Leicester in itself as a city centre isn't a dump. You can't generalise an entire city. There are some incredibly nice areas in Leicester, just as there are some areas which are not so nice - the same goes for anywhere. Oxford definately has a nice centre, but there are also some very rough areas in the city. No sweeping generalisations again please.
SpunkyMonkeys
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oxford, Cambridge, Bath, Bristol, Southampton

I personally dont like Leicester but everybody has their own perferences.
Your talking rubbish, I'm from Cambridge and there are some parts that look like a warzone, every city has them. The Leicester student accomodation is set amongst the botanical gardens and is some of the best I've seen. Leicester city centre is really nice now so I dont know if your judging an entire city on a few nasty parts you've seen. If you havent got anything positive to contribute then please don't.
SpunkyMonkeys
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Reflexive)
Actually on the attractive note bradgate park is beautiful. Admittedly it's a little out from Leicester itself!
Yeah! My grandparents live nearby and I remember clambering around the rocks on bradgate park when I was a kid. Can't want to start this year. My grandparents pronounce it braggat, I wasn't sure which park you were talking about when i first saw bradgate :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• De Montfort University
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise