Need Responses Please Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi so I'm currently on half term this week but I've run into some issues. Me n my aunt were supposed to go Germany but she booked the tickets for next week when I'm back at school n she doesn't want to waste her money. My dad won't let me go cos it's year 13 and i really understand where he is coming from. However, I seriously do want to go because I actually need a break from everything. This half term will mostly consist of me working and revising. This year my mental health was at an absolute low and I feel like going to Germany will help me massively. Please can you give me some points to raise to my dad to get him to let me go. Bear in mind he is VERY African!!
ohdahnnyboi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi so I'm currently on half term this week but I've run into some issues. Me n my aunt were supposed to go Germany but she booked the tickets for next week when I'm back at school n she doesn't want to waste her money. My dad won't let me go cos it's year 13 and i really understand where he is coming from. However, I seriously do want to go because I actually need a break from everything. This half term will mostly consist of me working and revising. This year my mental health was at an absolute low and I feel like going to Germany will help me massively. Please can you give me some points to raise to my dad to get him to let me go. Bear in mind he is VERY African!!
African parents we stan (can relate so hard :| )
If you've been really hard working, there's no reason why you can't take a break, you can't function properly if you're overworked, also it's October, you've got time
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ohdahnnyboi)
African parents we stan (can relate so hard :| )
If you've been really hard working, there's no reason why you can't take a break, you can't function properly if you're overworked, also it's October, you've got time
Thank you so much!
ohdahnnyboi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you so much!
No worries! I know how hard it is to convince parents, especially of our background - they don't seem to get how stressed we are sometimes, we're not machines!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (260)
54.28%
18-20 years old (no) (62)
12.94%
20-25 years old (yes) (80)
16.7%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.88%
25-30 years old (yes) (25)
5.22%