Zlorgat22
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
whats Lancaster uni like??? I wanna study social work there but my parents want me to go uclan
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zlorgat22)
whats Lancaster uni like??? I wanna study social work there but my parents want me to go uclan
Hello!
I'm currently a student there and I'd be happy to help you! Are there any specific questions you'd like answers to?
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Zlorgat22
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hello!
I'm currently a student there and I'd be happy to help you! Are there any specific questions you'd like answers to?
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
whats the social work department like???
also with the biomedical course, do you transfer to medicine after the course finishes
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Its YOUR decision not your parents.

Dont know much about either uni tbh, Lancaster is an average to good uni; Uclan is well below average (reputation wise). Unless you have a specific course in mind Uclan is known for I would go to Lancaster, its more prestigious and has better prospects.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are you likely to get the BBB Lancaster require?
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
whats the social work department like???
also with the biomedical course, do you transfer to medicine after the course finishes
Hmm okay it's difficult to answer that question since I don't study it, and I don't know anyone studying it. The best idea would be to use the uni buddy student - you can talk to a social work student here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/ch...n=&ub_content=
(let me know if the link works)
You cannot just convert from biomedical science to medicine but you are able to apply for graduate entry medicine (although almost any degree can do this).
Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions
Charlotte
Zlorgat22
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Are you likely to get the BBB Lancaster require?
honestly my AS results weren't the best but I've been putting my head down since the start of this year and aiming for BBB.
Zlorgat22
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hmm okay it's difficult to answer that question since I don't study it, and I don't know anyone studying it. The best idea would be to use the uni buddy student - you can talk to a social work student here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/ch...n=&ub_content=
(let me know if the link works)
You cannot just convert from biomedical science to medicine but you are able to apply for graduate entry medicine (although almost any degree can do this).
Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions
Charlotte
the link worked
thank you
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
honestly my AS results weren't the best but I've been putting my head down since the start of this year and aiming for BBB.
Apply to both and organise some relevant work experience if you haven't already
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
19.21%
Labour (443)
42.56%
Liberal Democrats (202)
19.4%
Green Party (54)
5.19%
Brexit Party (27)
2.59%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (15)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)