MathsGirl23
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Does GCSEs affect what a levels you can take? just asking because I want to take further maths in a level, do I have to take it in GCSE too?
T0mas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
There is not further maths in GCSE
MathsGirl23
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by T0mas)
There is not further maths in GCSE
Really? I thought there was. Ok. Thank for your help.
T0mas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
But you need a high grade in maths 8 or something to do further maths A levels
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
No there is a further maths gcse but you don’t need to have taken it for fm alevel! Many don’t do fm gcse because the schools don’t have it but go on to do it at alevel. Besides fm alevel will help you with alevel maths too
Lyric654
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by MathsGirl23)
Really? I thought there was. Ok. Thank for your help.
There is no Further Maths. Although, there is Additional Maths available in GCSE
WillPhillips
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
For clarification, there is not a GCSE in Further Mathematics. There is however a Level 2 Certificate in Further Mathematics, which is similar but not the same. Your school or college will not require you to have studied Further Maths in Year 11 to take it at A Level. Typically, course requirements for Further Mathematics at A Level will want a minimum of a grade 8 in your Maths GCSE.
Stanzz
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
There is additional maths at GCSE. A-Level further is brutually hard as you sit standard a level maths within a year. I would suggest getting atleast an 8 if you wish to take further. A-Level maths isn't too bad however.

Edit: Yes, your GCSE results can impact what a-levels you can take. Most places will require a 6/7 to take Maths, Physics, Bio or Chem.
0.5mvsquared
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
there is a further maths gcse but it takes a lot of your time up so I recommend you only take it if you have all your other subjects up to the standard you want ya know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (154)
51.85%
No (143)
48.15%

Watched Threads