Is psychology alevel fun? What do you do in it? Is it hard to answer the questions? Watch

ArtmisKco
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
As above
periodt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It is fun & interesting - just heavy with content.

I did AQA Psychology [before dropping it when transitioning into Y13]. The Year 12 [Year 1] topics we covered were the following: Social Influence, Approaches, Research Methods, Memory, Attachment & Psychopathology.

Psychology, for the most part, is a subject that you have to memorise the answers to. There are 16 markers which you would've written 100 times before entering the exam. You just need to learn the AO1 [content] and AO3 [evaluation] for most of the questions. However, there are AO2 questions that are application questions - meaning you need to do AO1 & AO3 [sometimes - depends on how much marks the Q is worth] as well as AO2 by applying what you've learnt to the question. Those AO2 questions I found hard sometimes. Also, there are research methods questions that are mostly math-y & science-y, which I found the hardest.

Overall, Psychology is a great subject - you'll learn a lot from it. It is mostly memorising what you've revised so as long as you do your revision, you're good to go. BUT DONT WAIT TIL LAST MINUTE TO REVISE PSYCHOLOGY!

I suggest you read The Lucifer Effect By Phillip Zimbardo. It's about why good people do bad things. I started it in the summer, and it gave me an insight into the subject, especially social influence [because you'll there's a whole page on Zimbardo and his experient - which is in the book]. Warning: it's a very big book!!
ArtmisKco
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Thank you very much will do!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (5)
8.33%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (5)
8.33%
No, but maybe I will look into it (15)
25%
No and I wouldn't consider it (35)
58.33%

Watched Threads