STD (HIV) scared

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Abhi1001
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, I need advice, i met a girl at a house party. We kissed, she wanted to have sex but i didn't have condom so i refused. She took her panties off and made me lick them. I was stupid enough to let her put them in my mouth. The panties were wet but i don't remember seeing any blood on them or smelling blood. It was first meeting that girl so i don't know anything about her

Can i transmit STDs especially HIV from licking her panties? do you think i should get tested?
Not sure what to do? the incident took place last week on Wednesday. I don't have any post symptoms
WillJabine
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Get tested just to be safe!
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Abhi1001)
Hello, I need advice, i met a girl at a house party. We kissed, she wanted to have sex but i didn't have condom so i refused. She took her panties off and made me lick them. I was stupid enough to let her put them in my mouth. The panties were wet but i don't remember seeing any blood on them or smelling blood. It was first meeting that girl so i don't know anything about her

Can i transmit STDs especially HIV from licking her panties? do you think i should get tested?
Not sure what to do? the incident took place last week on Wednesday. I don't have any post symptoms
yes you can probably get any sti because they're transmitted through sex-related fluids but contracting one is still unlikely. although, it is possibly so if you're worried, get tested

she probably doesn't have hiv though
kerry0013
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
normally no... but get a test
Abhi1001
Rep:
Thanks, Apparently i need to wait 28 days after the incident before i can get tested for HIV. I read somewhere HIV is only transmitted through unprotected sex. May be i should only get tested for Chlamydia and Gonnorhea?
Angelholic
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Thanks, Apparently i need to wait 28 days after the incident before i can get tested for HIV. I read somewhere HIV is only transmitted through unprotected sex. May be i should only get tested for Chlamydia and Gonnorhea?
STD are transmitted through contact with internal bodily fluids. Since you've kissed, there is a risk of transmission especially if she is HIV positive.
Sorry for not sugar coating this.
Abhi1001
Rep:
(Original post by Angelholic)
STD are transmitted through contact with internal bodily fluids. Since you've kissed, there is a risk of transmission especially if she is HIV positive.
Sorry for not sugar coating this.
I am not worried about Kissing as HIV doesn't transmit through Saliva. I am worried about getting HIV from licking her panties. Not sure how long the HIV virus survives outside body
Angelholic
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I am not worried about Kissing as HIV doesn't transmit through Saliva. I am worried about getting HIV from licking her panties. Not sure how long the HIV virus survives outside body
Yes not through saliva but if she has sores or bleeding gums, there is a risk.
I would suggest booking an appointment which you have already done and I wish for you to come back negative.
Abhi1001
Rep:
(Original post by Angelholic)
Yes not through saliva but if she has sores or bleeding gums, there is a risk.
I would suggest booking an appointment which you have already done and I wish for you to come back negative.
Thanks, The annoying thing is i will have to wait 28 days. Thanks anyway
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 years ago

It's possible. HIV transmission needs to be fluid to open tissue (like mouth, cuts, bum hole, vagina). It can survive up to 6 days outside the body or any container like a needle. Like you said it isn't all fluids (basically boob, sex, blood and bum) so saliva isn't an issue, but the vaginal fluid and possible blood in that fluid is.
In your case it would be vaginal fluid or blood (which could be quite fresh) into your mouth within a relatively short time frame.
It's still unlikely that she has it to pass onto you, but it is possible.

There's no harm in asking for a check up just to be safe. There are other things that are transmitted more easily as well so it would cover that too. Definitely not something I would worry over, but you might as well get it checked.

Here are some links with more info:
https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/understanding-hiv-aids/fact-sheets/20/48/the-basics-of-hiv-prevention
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324052.php#vaginal-fluids
Last edited by Kindred; 2 years ago
Abhi1001
Rep:
(Original post by Kindred)
It's possible. HIV transmission needs to be fluid to open tissue (like mouth, cuts, bum hole, vagina). It can survive up to 6 days outside the body or any container like a needle. Like you said it isn't all fluids (basically boob, sex, blood and bum) so saliva isn't an issue, but the vaginal fluid and possible blood in that fluid is.
In your case it would be vaginal fluid or blood (which could be quite fresh) into your mouth within a relatively short time frame.
It's still unlikely that she has it to pass onto you, but it is possible.

There's no harm in asking for a check up just to be safe. There are other things that are transmitted more easily as well so it would cover that too. Definitely not something I would worry over, but you might as well get it checked.

Here are some links with more info:
https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/understandi...hiv-prevention
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...vaginal-fluids
Thanks, I just read on one of the links you sent the following

"Although HIV can survive for a short time in fluids outside the body, Aidsmap say that there are no cases of a person contracting HIV after coming into contact with spillages of blood, semen, or other body fluids".

It seems like there has been no case, which is quiet relieving. I guess i'll just to wait for the test. Next 28 days would be stressful
aofnaf
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
what was the result then?negative?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.83%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.42%
No (109)
26.91%
I'm not sure (52)
12.84%

Watched Threads