hhj_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Ok.. So.... I'll be starting my first ever GYG soon, since joining TSR during the hectic 2019 gcse summer exams few months ago. I love to motivate others with stories, so GYG's the chance Actually, was a bit confused on the process of making a GYG. I won't be talking personally (cz I am like those 'keeping private' people). But is GYG like a diary writing or storytelling? Idk but let's start is the thing! D this is actually so cool, I have never went through this before. So, here it goes.. =o=
wazzupitsme
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Good luck on your GCSE's and your GYG!
hhj_
Rep:
?
hhj_'s GYG 2019/2020- Part 1

Academic Achievement:

GCSE

Spoiler:
Show
Art- 8
English Lit- 9
English Lang- 8
Combined Science- 8
Maths (Foundation)- 4
History- 8
Geography- 8
T&T- Distinction

A-Level

Spoiler:
Show
Target Grades:

Biology- A
Geography- A
Art- A

Ok, Let's get started..

As this is my first GYG, there's lots to tell and share. Seriously, I came to the uk last year and found this situation where I shall be ready for the upcoming gcse's. Yep! So I have only attended 2 months of Year 10, plus a full year of Year 11 in high school. I actually did good in my gcse's, and it's all because of the verb 'hardwork', pal.. It's worth a verb, actually! It's very crucial for me and is my key to achieve those grades in less than 2 years of attending KS4 for the gcse preparation. Obviously, other than hardwork, I should put the other efforts in as well. I became the school's role model and attend Awards Ceremonies for achieving remarkable progresses during mocks after mocks.

However, the big question is, is life perfect? no it's not! The tweak is on my maths progress. Well, actually this relates to my childhood trauma. When I was in primary school (not in the uk), I am a v enthusistic student to the point that I like to ask so many questions during class sessions (I raised my hand first, ofcourse. Not shouting out just like that in the silence ). I ask any question that pops in my head, and some teacher found it ok but the only teacher impatient towards me asking many questions is my maths teacher. So it was a normal day, and the maths topic was a hard one for a primary school IGCSE student. I want to ask questions, ofcourse, like usual.. :closedeyes: But she got to the brink of her impatience and her anger broke.. so like "you're :blah:" and I am really emotionally affected :erm:. I could still remember the moments and until now, it became like a traumatic memory to me. Btw, the trauma is to the point where everytime I got criticised by someone on anything relating to maths, the flashback returns and I get dipped into the dilemma again.. It repeats, but now I could appreciate what she had done .

Back then, I am confident with my maths and I have no worries on it. But, unexpectedly, that trauma haunted me when I get to decide which tier do I think I would be confident to get the grades in maths: higher or foundation? I told my maths teacher in high school (uk) that I am unconfident to take ht maths. But I was too honest with him! And he directly put me to foundation tier maths class and he won't let me to go back to the top set class when I changed my mind. It's a ridiculous situation, and yet I regret of not able to convince him that I could do it! I could've got like 8s or 7s if I took maths higher tier. As for science, I was able to convince the teacher by impressing her with the grades that I got after she tested me with a past paper. Honestly, I was like... :vroam: from my high school teachers, because at that time I had to decide myself on everything, which is good for me but somehow I felt scary for it.

And yep, now the time has passed and I am now sitting the seats of a college class. I am now in my 3rd day of the half-term, reviewing the class topics we went on in class, and doing extra readings from articles and research bulletins that I am really fond of. I might not be the 'smartest' student in class, but I will do my best and keep up my progress .:bubbles:

Special mention: first 2 responders:
wazzupitsme emilynxlan

Coming Soon: hhj_'s GYG 2019/2020- Part 2
Last edited by hhj_; 1 week ago
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Best of luck! :woo:
hhj_
Rep:
?
(Original post by emilynxlan)
Best of luck! :woo:
you too!
hhj_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by wazzupitsme)
Good luck on your GCSE's and your GYG!
And you too best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (83)
18.65%
Labour (185)
41.57%
Liberal Democrats (91)
20.45%
Green Party (33)
7.42%
Brexit Party (15)
3.37%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.35%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.12%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)