Shea84
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to apply to two different courses - Business and Law and I am unsure what route to go down with my personal statement to tailor it to these subject areas. I am really pressed for time as my school is putting pressure on us to get it sent away before half term ( this Friday) I am just curious whether there is any way I could do this or just forget about one and apply for all law or all business

Thanks everyone
Last edited by Shea84; 1 year ago
kerry0013
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
are you allowed to apply for both? see law is really bulky so is business. I advise you to think about it. you can go for like something that include both of them. like idk a lawyer who is specialized in business affairs...
Adam :)
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
simple i shall help

write about bin bags and air pollution you have be graced by my presence and my wise knowledge

fairwell amigo
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did personally write a PS aiming for both Media degree &/or/alternatively Psychology degree, (one was Media & Psychology) got three rejections - but did get into my preferred university for my preferred course - and my ten applications as a backup to http://www.cao.ie also got me an offer for the other course.

it wouldn't be a prob, of course, if you liked UoEdinburgh (MA business with law), UoBirmingham (Law with business studies llb), St Mary's London (business with law), UoEssex (Law with business studies llb), QMUL London (business with law), Nottingham Trent (business with law), or UoExeter (LLB Law with Business) and many others - as then you could write the perfectly focussed PS
Shea84
Rep:
?
(Original post by kerry0013)
are you allowed to apply for both? see law is really bulky so is business. I advise you to think about it. you can go for like something that include both of them. like idk a lawyer who is specialized in business affairs...
Well, the school advised not to apply to different courses but I’ve always had a passion for law , but I am extremity good at business with getting an A at AS and predicted an A* at A level , but I'm also study English - good for law so I’m really stuck
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Shea84)
Well, the school advised not to apply to different courses but I’ve always had a passion for law , but I am extremity good at business with getting an A at AS and predicted an A* at A level , but I'm also study English - good for law so I’m really stuck
NO need to rush - the UCAS deadline is January 2020 - tell your school you aren't ready. {I am a teacher and would understand}
Shea84
Rep:
?
(Original post by LuigiMario)
I did personally write a PS aiming for both Media degree &/or/alternatively Psychology degree, (one was Media & Psychology) got three rejections - but did get into my preferred university for my preferred course - and my ten applications as a backup to http://www.cao.ie also got me an offer for the other course.

it wouldn't be a prob, of course, if you liked UoEdinburgh (MA business with law), UoBirmingham (Law with business studies llb), St Mary's London (business with law), UoEssex (Law with business studies llb), QMUL London (business with law), Nottingham Trent (business with law), or UoExeter (LLB Law with Business) and many others - as then you could write the perfectly focussed PS
It’s a real shame as I live in Northern Ireland and really do not want to leave to go abroad. There is a similar course in Ulster Uni Law with accounting and would leave me with official recognition from chartered account associations and law associations. But then I will have four more options on UCAS which I cannot use if I don’t sort my application out. Going to go for the ten options in the republic as well
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You don’t actually need 5 ucas choices, one is enough!
(Provided you get in) hence why four ‘spares’, initially

My mate Jon really enjoyed studying at Queens, I had a quick look and they have a pure Law llb, quite a few business related Modules seem to be available

https://www.qub.ac.uk/courses/underg...b-m100/#course

I applied for three different courses at Trinity, they quietly phoned up my school and had a chat with my teachers, just generally. I was eventually offered a cool place at Dun Laoghaire IADT, but the republic has a disastrous student housing situation and the college could offer no assistance.

TCD houses the first year in nice halls, but second year accom is a mega problem. Even Cork accom has to be ‘booked’ in January - via lottery - but actual course allocation wasn’t until August!
And I did so fancy doing internship at Apple

Good luck in choosing, I think you could risk a dual PS, if you focus on your main targets, you might get lucky and have your PS read understandingly, ask your pushy teachers what they think? Once you’ve sent it, you can then focus on studying, which is a lot more important than UCAS.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (112)
13.86%
I'm not sure (36)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (246)
30.45%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.48%
I'm not a current university student (394)
48.76%

Watched Threads