The Student Room Group

xx

xxx
(edited 4 years ago)
Something you enjoy ? maybe sociology or economics
(edited 4 years ago)
history uses very similar skills to english lit gcse I find, you could also look at politics or sociology as mentioned above. classics is also similar to english lit.
Maybe A level Religious Studies? Extremely interesting and easy as well. It sometimes goes by the name of Religious Studies and Ethics etc. Can't recommend it enough. :rambo:
Original post by deodar778
Something you enjoy ? maybe sociology or economics

I already enjoy art and English Literature, English in general I enjoy. What is sociology? Is it similar to psychology?
Original post by ellanewmarch
history uses very similar skills to english lit gcse I find, you could also look at politics or sociology as mentioned above. classics is also similar to english lit.

I feel very stupid, but what is classics? The internet is failing me when I googled what is it. In fact, it even came up with a notice on the AQA exam board that they no longer teach or examine it. I am very confused.
Original post by ella_te_angle
I feel very stupid, but what is classics? The internet is failing me when I googled what is it. In fact, it even came up with a notice on the AQA exam board that they no longer teach or examine it. I am very confused.

classical civilisations is the proper name for it. that's strange that aqa says they don't do it any more. it's basically studying texts from ancient Greek and Roman times and stuff like that, if that sounds potentially interesting I'd look at the college website and see if they offer it!
It depends if you want to get on a specific course at university. It's usually the grades they look at, but some courses may ask for a specific subject in order to get in. For example: Medicine may ask for Biology or Chemistry as the first subject, a science subject for the second and then any subject with the required grade for the third one. Personally, do what you like, because it's a nightmare doing an A-Level you don't like.

Quick Reply

Latest