ch1mp2302
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ll s it possible to get into a zoology field with a veterinary degree ?
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there

It might be difficult to become a zoologist with a veterinary degree. Aside from becoming a vet, common careers with that degree are animal nutritionist and animal physiotherapist. Having said that, people who do veterinary medicine also go on to jobs like environmental scientist, research scientist and zookeeper, so it can open the door to some related careers.

To have a better chance of becoming a zoologist, other than studying zoology, you could consider subjects like animal behaviour and conservation.

Bear in mind though, that if you have an undergraduate degree in veterinary medicine, there'd always be the option of studying zoology or a related subject at postgraduate level and getting in that way.

Mark
ch1mp2302
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is a biology degree any useful to become a zoologist?
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ch1mp2302)
Is a biology degree any useful to become a zoologist?
A biology degree is certainly a good foundation to go on to postgraduate study in zoology as most universities should accept it as a related subject.

You might find it useful to have a look at the job profile for zoologist on our website. There's a 'contact us' link there too if you want to webchat with an adviser.

https://nationalcareers.service.gov....iles/zoologist
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (24)
13.95%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (48)
27.91%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (70)
40.7%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
14.53%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.91%

Watched Threads