Damdam2002
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I was wondering if you just finished a degree, and decided that it isn't for u, you have applied for student loan for the first degree, can you apply for student loan for a second degree which is completely different from the first one?
For example, I really wanna be a primary teacher but in my country having a nursing degree is way better, easier to get job... not only about that. So, if I applied for student loan to do nursing degree and it turns out that it isn't for me, will it be possible to apply for student loan again to do primary education?

Thanks and sorry for any error
Have a great day
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You couldn't get a funding for a second undergraduate BA/BEd - however you could get funding for a PGCE Primary course (which you could apply to with a nursing degree).
Damdam2002
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
You couldn't get a funding for a second undergraduate BA/BEd - however you could get funding for a PGCE Primary course (which you could apply to with a nursing degree).
Thanks
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The above is for courses in the UK funded by Student Finance England, however. Different countries and/or funding bodies may have different restrictions.
SFE Tegan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Damdam2002)
Hi,
I was wondering if you just finished a degree, and decided that it isn't for u, you have applied for student loan for the first degree, can you apply for student loan for a second degree which is completely different from the first one?
For example, I really wanna be a primary teacher but in my country having a nursing degree is way better, easier to get job... not only about that. So, if I applied for student loan to do nursing degree and it turns out that it isn't for me, will it be possible to apply for student loan again to do primary education?

Thanks and sorry for any error
Have a great day
Hi,

Some teaching courses are eligible for funding as a second degree. This would depend on the length of course and qualifications. If it's something that you are planning on doing in several years it may be best to contact us again closer to that time with a specific university and course in mind as funding policies may change.

Thanks, Tégan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (5)
20%
Unconditional if firmed (1)
4%
Unconditional if insurance (0)
0%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (0)
0%
No unconditional offers (19)
76%

Watched Threads