OSS Person Number Watch

josepharthur
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
What is the OSS Person Number and where do I get mine?
martin101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I really have no idea what youre on about. In all my time at Oxford Ive never heard of this!
Quistis
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Isn't it the number you use to log into the self-service website? You'll be told it by email/letter before you have to register next year - or certainly, everyone in my year got their password by email, and their OSS ID by letter.
mja
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It is also, helpfully, printed on your Bod card - it's the six digit number just above the expiry date (and not the seven digit number above the barcode).
josepharthur
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ok, another question.

I failed a paper and now need to submit a form.

It says: "Candidates must offer four subjects at one examination, provided that the candidate who has failed in one or two subjects may offer that number of subjects at subsequent examination".
Please indicate subjects offered by placing a CROSS in each of the appropriate boxes.

Does that mean I should place a cross for all the papers passed or the one I wish to resit?
martin101
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ah self service stuff. OSS means Ox security services to me - actually thats OUSS.
Athena
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by josepharthur)
I failed a paper and now need to submit a form.

It says: "Candidates must offer four subjects at one examination, provided that the candidate who has failed in one or two subjects may offer that number of subjects at subsequent examination".
Please indicate subjects offered by placing a CROSS in each of the appropriate boxes.

Does that mean I should place a cross for all the papers passed or the one I wish to resit?
I'd read that as cross for the subject(s) you wish to retake. Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (291)
37.55%
No - but I will (55)
7.1%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.23%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.13%

Watched Threads