is chemistry alevel required to study veterinary medicine in oxford?

Watch
ch1mp2302
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i do biology, physics and maths alevel, but in oxford uni, to do veterinary medicine it says i need chemistry, but will they make an exception for my other a levels?
Kibser
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No. If it says there is a requirement for chemistry. You MUST do chemistry.
angelxpink
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oxford doesn’t offer veterinary medicine
Choppygirl11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think for all vet med courses you need a level chemistry and at least an A
Kibser
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by angelxpink)
Oxford doesn’t offer veterinary medicine
Oxford Brookes does.
angelxpink
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by WillPhillips)
Oxford Brookes does.
It doesn’t offer veterinary medicine, there are only 9 universities in the UK that do - RVC, Cambridge, Liverpool, Nottingham, Bristol, Surrey, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Harper + Keele. Unless u r thinking of veterinary nursing?? Or a bioveterinary degree??
Kibser
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by angelxpink)
It doesn’t offer veterinary medicine, there are only 9 universities in the UK that do - RVC, Cambridge, Liverpool, Nottingham, Bristol, Surrey, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Harper + Keele. Unless u r thinking of veterinary nursing?? Or a bioveterinary degree??
Apologies, do excuse me. I assumed veterinary nursing was the same thing.
Keele Postgraduate
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ch1mp2302)
i do biology, physics and maths alevel, but in oxford uni, to do veterinary medicine it says i need chemistry, but will they make an exception for my other a levels?
Hi! The A-level entry requirements for Veterinary Medicine and Surgery at Harper Keele Veterinary school are as follows -

'Grade A in Biology or Chemistry

A second science subject preferably at A, but no lower than B (including Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Statistics)
A third subject of your choice, preferably at A but no lower than B (excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking and a second maths subject if used as a science above)'

So in terms of what you are currently studying at A-level, you would meet the entry requirements in order to be able to apply here
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (80)
26.94%
No - I have already returned home (36)
12.12%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (59)
19.87%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.44%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.64%

Watched Threads