Getting into LCF - Fashion styling & production Watch

deathcab4natalie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey everyone! I'm currently taking my diploma in fashion marketing and management and I am keen on going to LCF in 2020. I'm at a complete loss with what I should include into my portfolio and I am extremely nervous that I wouldn't be able to get in to this school. I'm great with photography, and fashion stuff in general but I'm no good with illustrations. Would that affect my chance of getting in? It's a dream of mine to get into LCF and this is really important to me and it would be great if I could get some advice

Also, does anyone know what is the acceptance rate for LCF? I've read somewhere that international students have a higher chance of being accepted but I don't really wanna to get too confident with that haha.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do they need a portfolio for that course?

What do the portfolio guidelines ask for. Not every course will need drawing skills.

(Original post by deathcab4natalie)
Hey everyone! I'm currently taking my diploma in fashion marketing and management and I am keen on going to LCF in 2020. I'm at a complete loss with what I should include into my portfolio and I am extremely nervous that I wouldn't be able to get in to this school. I'm great with photography, and fashion stuff in general but I'm no good with illustrations. Would that affect my chance of getting in? It's a dream of mine to get into LCF and this is really important to me and it would be great if I could get some advice

Also, does anyone know what is the acceptance rate for LCF? I've read somewhere that international students have a higher chance of being accepted but I don't really wanna to get too confident with that haha.
deathcab4natalie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PQ)
Do they need a portfolio for that course?

What do the portfolio guidelines ask for. Not every course will need drawing skills.
Yes, portfolio is mandatory at UAL / fashion universities.

The portfolio has to demonstrate
- A current interest in and awareness of fashion and fashion styling.
- An enthusiasm for visual communication
- The potential to develop styling and production skills.

and evidence of:
- technical ability
- understanding of balance, proportion and composition
- understanding of visual communication principles
- exploration and creativity
- technical knowledge
Emily21772177
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by deathcab4natalie)

I’ve applied to LCF but for fashion photography
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

what's your favourite season?

Summer (19)
26.76%
Spring (16)
22.54%
Autumn/Fall (19)
26.76%
Winter (10)
14.08%
I love them all equally (7)
9.86%