The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I carry a butter knife as a sex toy, and it attracts the prostitutes.
Reply 41
has this country lost all common sense?
why would anyone take a knife to and from work everyday when they could leave it at work?

Because you might not want to leave a knife in an office where anyone can knick it, its safer in your poistion. Plus your office might be your car
Reply 42
I think this kinfe business is MAD!!! However i do not think that prison is the answer. There was a realy good dispatches about it on channel 4 recently.
Reply 43
Dude
Because you might not want to leave a knife in an office where anyone can knick it, its safer in your poistion. Plus your office might be your car

you office might also be on a street corner.
if you cant tell the difference between a middle aged guy with a stanley knife and a teenager with a kitchen knife then you need a check up from the neck up.
rosemkate
why do you think that banning knives will stop knife crime?

did i say that! i now it wont but at some point in life a kid decides carrying a knife is a good idea. be it because everyone else he knows does or whatever it starts somewhere. killings of "passion" occur irrespective of the murder weapon. these stupid **** gangster killings have the most pathetic motives imaginable like you crossed into my imaginary space etc. in short, they are carried out by morons who dont think twice about pulling a blade in an argument it seems. i for one would be fine in an physical confrontation with 99.9999999% of the human population but pull a blade and its a whole different matter. its simple, knives INCREASE fatal attacks. perhaps banning them wont stop the little ****s from attacking people but it will make them a hell of a lot less deadly.
Elipsis
You must be joking. Use your fists you poof!

Not if the other person has a metal bar, and why wouldnt it work (to the poster below you).
Reply 46
Heres a link to then channel 4 dispatches etc on knife crime.
http://www.channel4.com/news/microsites/D/disarming_britain/index.html
you office might also be on a street corner.
if you cant tell the difference between a middle aged guy with a stanley knife and a teenager with a kitchen knife then you need a check up from the neck up.

Age discrimination.
Reply 48
thebestusernameever
Not if the other person has a metal bar, and why wouldnt it work (to the poster below you).

why wouldnt what work?
see the aliteration, im a poet and i dont know it.
Reply 49
I don't think this is the right way to solve the problem & 5 years? Thats more than you could get for both manslaughter and GBH

There would have to be proven intent
Reply 50
The law won't stop it altogether but used with combination more police on the street, better relations with the police, and indirect inititives like education, improvements in housing blah blah. The law might prevent the proportion of knife carriers who are not criminals, members of gangs etc. Normal middle class kids who carry them, might think twice if their university place or job in the city will be buggered if they're caught. And middle class kids do carry knives, dumb as it is.
Reply 51
Elipsis
Yes, but who knows how many people would be dead know if those who are in for 5 years weren't. They'd be on the outside continuing to have guns and using them.

yes it does get bad people of the streets but when someone goes to prison their 'role' is filled again by a different person and they will continue to attack people

locking people away is the easy option thats why the government is doing it. if the government really wants to stop gang crime then it needs to deal with the causes which is more expensive and it doesn't want to do it.
why wouldnt what work?
see the aliteration, im a poet and i dont know it.

Being allowed to carry a knife for self defence.

EDIT: Plus Scotlands the worst hit UK country in terms of knife crimes, I should be allowed to carry something considering i look asianish as well.
Reply 53
thebestusernameever

Well because everyone would claim to have it for self defence.
Reply 55
Adampolar
Age discrimination.

not really who commits knife crimes its not people over 30 is it?
i think i should also be on page 3, i applied but they said they were looking for women, fit women, im thinking of calling gender discrimination on them care to support me, theres a point where equality just gets stupid.
Reply 56
thebestusernameever
Being allowed to carry a knife for self defence.

EDIT: Plus Scotlands the worst hit UK country in terms of knife crimes, I should be allowed to carry something considering i look asianish as well.

i never said a word about your self defence theory.
Adampolar
Well because everyone would claim to have it for self defence.

Dammit.
not really who commits knife crimes its not people over 30 is it?
i think i should also be on page 3, i applied but they said they were looking for women, fit women, im thinking of calling gender discrimination on them care to support me, theres a point where equality just gets stupid.

Not really the same though is it, a bloke can't do a page three job whereas anybody could be a drug dealer.
Reply 59
solo2wolf
did i say that! i now it wont but at some point in life a kid decides carrying a knife is a good idea. be it because everyone else he knows does or whatever it starts somewhere. killings of "passion" occur irrespective of the murder weapon. these stupid **** gangster killings have the most pathetic motives imaginable like you crossed into my imaginary space etc. in short, they are carried out by morons who dont think twice about pulling a blade in an argument it seems. i for one would be fine in an physical confrontation with 99.9999999% of the human population but pull a blade and its a whole different matter. its simple, knives INCREASE fatal attacks. perhaps banning them wont stop the little ****s from attacking people but it will make them a hell of a lot less deadly.

but the point iam making is that the average gang member will still continue to carry knives even with this new law, so i can't see how the law will make the streets safer

Latest

Trending

Trending