Edinburgh Postgraduate 2020 Applicants Watch

taylor9888
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi. Can I ask what the outstanding doc was that you had to submit?
Figaro42
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi guys! How long after submitting did it take for your applications to be registered in MyEd? It’s been four days since submitting and I still haven’t got access :/
Last edited by Figaro42; 2 months ago
saneta
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I got the email to register at MyEd almost immediately after creating the application. Have you checked your spam folder?If its not there, I suggest you email their support team.
Figaro42
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by saneta)
I got the email to register at MyEd almost immediately after creating the application. Have you checked your spam folder?If its not there, I suggest you email their support team.
Yes, something seems to have malfunctioned in my Applicant Hub. Thank you for the suggestion.
Marsann
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi guys,
Anyone apply for the MSc in Economics? I've completed my application in mid-October and still haven't had any updates. My application has been on the status "All Details Received" for a very long time... :/
marc_22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi guys, I am planning to apply tomorrow for the MsC Economics, but I was just wondering if I get rejected in the first round, could I apply again in the second or third one? Thank you!
Solipsis
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
To Marsann:

PG admissions take around 8-10 weeks on average at most universities, speaking from experience, especially for oversubscribed courses such as the one you are applying to. They'll probably start reviewing your application after the deadline, once they have a larger pool of applicants to choose from. I suggest you check out Gradcafe to search for your course and get an idea of when in the year applicants usually get their decisions.
Last edited by Solipsis; 2 months ago
taylor9888
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
@Marsann I also applied in early October and have the same status. I’m going on about nine weeks and no word. I am hopeful to get news before the holidays...but my program (history of art) doesn’t have a deadline until August 2020 so I’m not sure when they will start looking at applications.
Figaro42
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m so happy! I received an unconditional offer today for the LLM by Research :rolleyes:. Application submitted on 23 November.
Solipsis
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just received an unconditional for the PhD in French; now the long wait for funding commences. Applied on Nov 4, references submitted on Nov 12.
Last edited by Solipsis; 2 months ago
Solipsis
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Figaro42)
I’m so happy! I received an unconditional offer today for the LLM by Research :rolleyes:. Application submitted on 23 November.
Congratulations! They seem to be handing out all the applications today haha
Figaro42
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Solipsis)
Congratulations! They seem to be handing out all the applications today haha
Félicitations à toi aussi, et bonne chance !
I really wasn’t expecting to hear back this year.
Also, apparently the deposit/acceptance deadline element I was worried about isn’t universal. My offer didn’t include any.
saneta
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Congratulations to both of you!
Where can I find the program deadline for my course?
yoli1998
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Woke up to an offer this morning
AwesomeJen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Solipsis)
Congratulations!!!
How long did it take to hear back from them?
In terms of accommodation, Edinburgh seems to have a pretty good range of options (both private and uni-owned). Personally, I would like to live at Buccleuch Place, it's literally a 30 seconds walk to my department in George Square (Literatures, Languages and Culture)
Thank you!
I feel like I had the fastest application turnaround ever.
Application Submitted: 10/01/2019
Interview Scheduled: 10/08/2019
Interview: 10/14/2019
Offer Extended: 10/15/2019
saneta
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi! Just to tell you that I'm not receiving any email updates from the applicant hub, and I had to upload additional documents (which I learnt of by checking the application itself). I'm sure its a glitch, but just in case, be sure to check the hub once in a while!
danie98
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Applied for an Msc in Theatre and Performance studies 7th Nov, eagerly awaiting a response as my application has been stuck on all details received for around 2/3 weeks now! already have an unconditional from Glasgow but Edinburgh is my top choice. Good luck to everyone
yoli1998
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Got an offer from Edinburgh for sociology with global change a few days ago!
ediApplicant2020
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi all,

I'm currently applying for a Masters at Edinburgh, and am a little puzzled by how to divide the personal statement between the two 'boxes'...
1) Please give a short statement that describes your academic interests, purpose, objectives and motivation in undertaking this postgraduate study. (max 3500 chars – approx. 500 words)"
and
2) "Relevant Knowledge/Training Skills (max 3500 chars – approx. 500 words)"

For example, discussing your undergrad degree and how it links to the degree being applied for seems like it could fit both (academic interests, and relevant knowledge). Any thoughts on this? I don't want to repeat myself, nor miss anything important.
artisadoom
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ediApplicant2020)
Hi all,

I'm currently applying for a Masters at Edinburgh, and am a little puzzled by how to divide the personal statement between the two 'boxes'...
1) Please give a short statement that describes your academic interests, purpose, objectives and motivation in undertaking this postgraduate study. (max 3500 chars – approx. 500 words)"
and
2) "Relevant Knowledge/Training Skills (max 3500 chars – approx. 500 words)"

For example, discussing your undergrad degree and how it links to the degree being applied for seems like it could fit both (academic interests, and relevant knowledge). Any thoughts on this? I don't want to repeat myself, nor miss anything important.
I think you can talk about your undergrad degree in both answers but its really the latter question that gives you room to 'show off' your undergrad degree, in terms of what you have achieved, research skills etc. The first question should really focus more on you personally, in terms of your academic interests as they pertain to the prospective course. You can obviously reference your undergrad degree, of course, but you should be working to show off your independent academic interests, i.e. that your 'passion' for the subject extends beyond what you have been taught at university. TLDR; you should divide your answers into 1) what you want to do and 2) what you have done that will support what you want to do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (377)
67.32%
No (183)
32.68%

Watched Threads