Edinburgh Postgraduate 2020 Applicants Watch

morphemes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ediApplicant2020)
1) Please give a short statement that describes your academic interests, purpose, objectives and motivation in undertaking this postgraduate study. (max 3500 chars – approx. 500 words)"
I very briefly mentioned the title of my undergraduate programme and two major experiences that I felt were important to highlight, but 90% was focused on my motivation for choosing this field originally and what I plan to do with it going forward (mostly focusing on the latter).

(Original post by ediApplicant2020)
2) "Relevant Knowledge/Training Skills (max 3500 chars – approx. 500 words)"
I also wrote this in statement of purpose-like form, but here I elaborated heavily on the relevant experiences in my undergrad that showed exactly what skills I've developed that will help me succeed in the MSc programme.
Ading527
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi All!I applied to two taught masters in English Literature on December 13th and still haven’t received any word. I did have to resubmit a signed copy of my transcript about a week after I applied and that document is still pending verification. I was wondering if I should contact the admission department or is this timeframe normal?
artisadoom
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ading527)
Hi All!I applied to two taught masters in English Literature on December 13th and still haven’t received any word. I did have to resubmit a signed copy of my transcript about a week after I applied and that document is still pending verification. I was wondering if I should contact the admission department or is this timeframe normal?
It's normal. I applied for an EngLit masters back in November and haven't heard anything, so think you're fine! Edinburgh holds its exams before Christmas, so academics are super busy marking at the minute.
Ading527
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by artisadoom)
It's normal. I applied for an EngLit masters back in November and haven't heard anything, so think you're fine! Edinburgh holds its exams before Christmas, so academics are super busy marking at the minute.
Which English Lit program did you apply to? I feel like I haven’t seen any posts about literature programs on these forums. My application status just changed to “ready for a decision” yesterday. Have you heard anything yet?
artisadoom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Which English Lit program did you apply to? I feel like I haven’t seen any posts about literature programs on these forums. My application status just changed to “ready for a decision” yesterday. Have you heard anything yet?
The Romanticism programme! No, haven't heard anything and application status is still saying 'all details received'. Hopefully we hear something soon!
Ading527
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by artisadoom)
The Romanticism programme! No, haven't heard anything and application status is still saying 'all details received'. Hopefully we hear something soon!
Oh me too! Are you international? Hopefully we hear soon!
artisadoom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh me too! Are you international? Hopefully we hear soon!
No, I'm not. Yes, my fingers are crossed!
literalmutant
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For those of you interested in a timeline, my experience can be summed up by the term, "hurry up and wait."

Course: MSc in Medical Anthropology
Submitted: 27 November
All details received: 28 January
Decision: 29 January

Was marked as 'New-Application Submitted' without document verification or marking all details received for over 9 weeks. Once they verified everything they gave me an unconditional offer within 24 hours. I was absolutely convinced they'd rejected me because of how fast the turnaround was! Hope this helps!
Last edited by literalmutant; 3 weeks ago
RD48
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello,Has anyone here applied to a Ph.D. in Medical Informatics?
JH-
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hi, I wondering how long for you guys' reference and transcript to be verified? mine has been pending for more than 3 weeks (submitted my transcript on 2/01 and reference on 19/01), my application status is still "we have received your application". since I have not graduated yet so I didn't upload my degree certificate, does that matters for the status of the application?
literalmutant
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JH-)
hi, I wondering how long for you guys' reference and transcript to be verified? mine has been pending for more than 3 weeks (submitted my transcript on 2/01 and reference on 19/01), my application status is still "we have received your application". since I have not graduated yet so I didn't upload my degree certificate, does that matters for the status of the application?
Buckle up, it took them about 9 weeks to verify my documents. That being said, I got a decision 24 hours after they verified everything soooo...

On the subject of uploading a degree certificate, I know that some programs want you to upload your interim degree transcript, so if you've done that you should be good to go. As always, when in doubt, email postgraduate admissions to confirm what they need.
JH-
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by literalmutant)
Buckle up, it took them about 9 weeks to verify my documents. That being said, I got a decision 24 hours after they verified everything soooo...

On the subject of uploading a degree certificate, I know that some programs want you to upload your interim degree transcript, so if you've done that you should be good to go. As always, when in doubt, email postgraduate admissions to confirm what they need.
Many thanks! I guess I just need to be patient
again
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anyone heard back from the Psychology of Mental Health program?
zxp0930
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by literalmutant)

Did you receive any notifications from the portal when they change your status to “being processed”? I just notice mine is being processed now and I’m not sure when did they change that....
literalmutant
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by zxp0930)
Did you receive any notifications from the portal when they change your status to “being processed”? I just notice mine is being processed now and I’m not sure when did they change that....
No, the only notification I got was when they had an official decision.
Childrensbooks
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I received an offer of PhD in Education this month. Anyone here studying Education? Good luck everyone!
Akanksha0701
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I got an offer for MSc International Development last week. I applied in November, so it definitely took a while!!

I currently live in the city as well (working to save up for my Masters as it is ridiculously expensive ). Happy to answer any questions about the city and meet anyone doing the same course?
FloridaSunshine
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Childrensbooks)
I received an offer of PhD in Education this month. Anyone here studying Education? Good luck everyone!
Hello and congratulations! I also have applied for the PhD program in Education, but am still awaiting a reply. Good to hear you've received a decision, so hopefully this means one will be coming soon for me as well. Are you International? When did you apply? Congrats again!
taylor9888
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Does anyone here have opinions on which is a better uni? I'm stuck between Edinburgh and St. Andrews. Obviously love Edinburgh as a city but stuck on which is the better place to go! I'm in art history
dragonstone
Rep:
?
Report 23 hours ago
I also applied to a PhD programme back in December and have not received a reply yet. I'm kind of concerned about whether the 3 week strikes could push the decision back further.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (377)
67.2%
No (184)
32.8%

Watched Threads