Is it okay for an 18 year old guy to day an 15 year old girl? Watch

CatchFortune1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Is it okay if an 18 year old guy dates and 15 year old girl without sexual contact. 3 years isn’t exactly a big gap is it?
YOLOYOLO2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
3 years is NOT a big gap but in this instance it is simply because the girl is under age. Its different if the guy's 25 and the girl is 22. Hope this helps
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
Three is not a big gap but it is when she is still considered a minor.
username4998248
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
3 years is nothing but wait til she's 16 bro.
Mapleservers
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wait till she’s 16 then it’ll be legal
yelir
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes officer, this guy right here.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Don't date any girl under 16.
Unless you actually want the reputation of a perverted weirdo, to taste prison food or get beaten up by her angry father/brothers/cousins.
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As far as I'm aware it's legal if there is no sexual contact, but I would be cautious!
Mapleservers
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
As far as I'm aware it's legal if there is no sexual contact, but I would be cautious!
Yeah but I mean dating without kissing + NSFW and everything is hard
cmbyn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
no
BurstingBubbles
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mapleservers)
Yeah but I mean dating without kissing + NSFW and everything is hard
I agree, it's certainly not ideal. Although people do have online and long distance relationships. Also people do have non sexual relationships e.g. people who are asexual etc. And she will be of legal age within a year at least. If they care for each other enough, it will last, if not then that's that
Anonnorth
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Date yes it's legal, sex no it's not legal.
OddOnes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No it's not OK! At that age it's not legal. Plus, only guys who like control and are abusive go for younger teenage girls. Teenage girls are more naive and inexperienced, so are easier to control and more likely to end up being a victim. They don't know how to spot the warning signs and are flattered an older person is interested in them. Makes them feel 'grown up'.

I have had this done to me!
#Broken#Unloved
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The question is, Do you wanna have sexual relations with her? If so it's not ok.....If your thinking about it just end the relationship cuz you'll end up being a sex offender.
Last edited by #Broken#Unloved; 3 weeks ago
CatchFortune1
Rep:
?
I’m not with her at the moment but I would never do sexual contact with a girl who’s younger than 15 I might consider dating a15 year old girl but I wouldn’t date anyone younger than 15.
CatchFortune1
Rep:
?
(Original post by #Broken#Unloved)
The question is, Do you wanna have sexual relations with her? If so it's not ok.....If your thinking about it just end the relationship cuz you'll end up being a sex offender.

I’m not with her at the moment but I would never do sexual contact with a girl who’s younger than 15 I might consider dating a15 year old girl but I wouldn’t date anyone younger than 15.
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Name:  Screenshot_2.png
Views: 27
Size:  178.4 KB

On a serious note, there is nothing wrong with it, 15 years old imo is a mature age but you know the law. Being on the sex register offender is not comfortable...AT ALL
Last edited by The RAR; 3 weeks ago
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It’s a bit iffy for me since she’s 15. I’m 16 and I have a boyfriend that’s 19 but we are in a long distance relationship and he respects anything I do or am against so I’m able to have a say in our relationship and it’s not unhealthy or toxic. So as long as you make sure you put down Barriers like sexual interaction till she’s legal and you don’t make her feel uncomfortable and don’t take advantage of her then I think it’s fine as long as she’s mentally and physically okay and comfortable.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Should be fine, just be sure tell the folk calling you a nonce that it's non sexual, i'm sure that can't end badly.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CatchFortune1)
16 is the age of consent, not 15. anyway, a 15 year old is still a child. from my experience only predatory creeps are desperate enough to date much younger people, who are below the age of consent.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (263)
54.23%
18-20 years old (no) (63)
12.99%
20-25 years old (yes) (82)
16.91%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.86%
25-30 years old (yes) (25)
5.15%