The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

3 years is NOT a big gap but in this instance it is simply because the girl is under age. Its different if the guy's 25 and the girl is 22. Hope this helps
Three is not a big gap but it is when she is still considered a minor.
3 years is nothing but wait til she's 16 bro.
Wait till she’s 16 then it’ll be legal
Reply 5
Yes officer, this guy right here.
Don't date any girl under 16.
Unless you actually want the reputation of a perverted weirdo, to taste prison food or get beaten up by her angry father/brothers/cousins.
As far as I'm aware it's legal if there is no sexual contact, but I would be cautious!
Original post by BurstingBubbles
As far as I'm aware it's legal if there is no sexual contact, but I would be cautious!

Yeah but I mean dating without kissing + NSFW and everything is hard
Reply 9
no
Original post by Mapleservers
Yeah but I mean dating without kissing + NSFW and everything is hard

I agree, it's certainly not ideal. Although people do have online and long distance relationships. Also people do have non sexual relationships e.g. people who are asexual etc. And she will be of legal age within a year at least. If they care for each other enough, it will last, if not then that's that :tongue:
Date yes it's legal, sex no it's not legal.
No it's not OK! At that age it's not legal. Plus, only guys who like control and are abusive go for younger teenage girls. Teenage girls are more naive and inexperienced, so are easier to control and more likely to end up being a victim. They don't know how to spot the warning signs and are flattered an older person is interested in them. Makes them feel 'grown up'.

I have had this done to me!
The question is, Do you wanna have sexual relations with her? If so it's not ok.....If your thinking about it just end the relationship cuz you'll end up being a sex offender.
(edited 4 years ago)
I’m not with her at the moment but I would never do sexual contact with a girl who’s younger than 15 I might consider dating a15 year old girl but I wouldn’t date anyone younger than 15.
Original post by #Broken#Unloved
The question is, Do you wanna have sexual relations with her? If so it's not ok.....If your thinking about it just end the relationship cuz you'll end up being a sex offender.

I’m not with her at the moment but I would never do sexual contact with a girl who’s younger than 15 I might consider dating a15 year old girl but I wouldn’t date anyone younger than 15.
Screenshot_2.png

On a serious note, there is nothing wrong with it, 15 years old imo is a mature age but you know the law. Being on the sex register offender is not comfortable...AT ALL
(edited 4 years ago)
It’s a bit iffy for me since she’s 15. I’m 16 and I have a boyfriend that’s 19 but we are in a long distance relationship and he respects anything I do or am against so I’m able to have a say in our relationship and it’s not unhealthy or toxic. So as long as you make sure you put down Barriers like sexual interaction till she’s legal and you don’t make her feel uncomfortable and don’t take advantage of her then I think it’s fine as long as she’s mentally and physically okay and comfortable.
Should be fine, just be sure tell the folk calling you a nonce that it's non sexual, i'm sure that can't end badly. :h:
Reply 19
Original post by CatchFortune1

16 is the age of consent, not 15. anyway, a 15 year old is still a child. from my experience only predatory creeps are desperate enough to date much younger people, who are below the age of consent.

Latest