PastaIsLife
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
where are the list of societies they have at university?

i’m not interested in sports or joining a society of my ethnicity
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It depends on what uni and society you want to do. If there isn’t any, you can make a society as long as you complete the set amount of people joining. That’s what my older sister did at the time she was in Newcastle Uni.
PastaIsLife
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
It depends on what uni and society you want to do. If there isn’t any, you can make a society as long as you complete the set amount of people joining. That’s what my older sister did at the time she was in Newcastle Uni.
but what are the main ones then? is there a music or tv show society?
nutz99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PastaIsLife)
where are the list of societies they have at university?

i’m not interested in sports or joining a society of my ethnicity
There is not one list. Most universities have hundreds of different societies, some individual to that university. Best if you look up the university of choice and the likelihood is that they will be listed on their web page or the Student Union web page. A lot of the societies are based on sport, uni subject, country or religion. Other than it tends to be music, performing arts, politics, charities and drinking.
PastaIsLife
Rep:
?
(Original post by nutz99)
There is not one list. Most universities have hundreds of different societies, some individual to that university. Best if you look up the university of choice and the likelihood is that they will be listed on their web page or the Student Union web page. A lot of the societies are based on sport, uni subject, country or religion. Other than it tends to be music, performing arts, politics, charities and drinking.
wow i just checked the student union site of my university and the societies are terrible!!! i guess im not making any friends lol
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
but what are the main ones then? is there a music or tv show society?
It depends on the uni
Shish_bish
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
wow i just checked the student union site of my university and the societies are terrible!!! i guess im not making any friends lol
I think you are the weird one. All societies can't be that terrible even at a bad uni
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Same! The ones in my uni are really uninteresting and boring. I couldn't even fake-it-till-I-make-it in attending them.
I'll just be friendless if that's the case. I have to endure Another 2 years of having friends literally my life right now and I'm so miserable about it.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Same! The ones in my uni are really uninteresting and boring. I couldn't even fake-it-till-I-make-it in attending them.
I'll just be friendless if that's the case. I have to endure Another 2 years of having friends literally my life right now and I'm so miserable about it.
having *no* friends
PastaIsLife
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shish_bish)
I think you are the weird one. All societies can't be that terrible even at a bad uni
I am weird. Where is the food society? maybe they didn’t put all the societies on their website but from what i’ve seen, the mostly have academic societies and cultural societies.
PastaIsLife
Rep:
?
having *no* friends
so you’re in second year? have you not made one friend? that really sucks tbh. i also have a hard time dealing with loneliness.
Shish_bish
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am weird. Where is the food society? maybe they didn’t put all the societies on their website but from what i’ve seen, the mostly have academic societies and cultural societies.
Lol, I’ve also heard of hot chocolate Saturday and cheese society.
PastaIsLife
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shish_bish)
Lol, I’ve also heard of hot chocolate Saturday and cheese society.
my two favourites!:cry2:
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
so you’re in second year? have you not made one friend? that really sucks tbh. i also have a hard time dealing with loneliness.
Yep I'm in second year and have not made one single friend.
I did at the beginning when we first started and we were so close until she dropped out of uni. I have an acquaintance/stranger hanging by a thread . That's all I have. I don't have any friends, or friendship groups at all. I'm alone all the time (I did not ask to be in this position, but it's unfortunate I'm in it)
PastaIsLife
Rep:
?
Yep I'm in second year and have not made one single friend.
I did at the beginning when we first started and we were so close until she dropped out of uni. I have an acquaintance/stranger hanging by a thread . That's all I have. I don't have any friends, or friendship groups at all. I'm alone all the time (I did not ask to be in this position, but it's unfortunate I'm in it)
oh that’s not nice i wish i could give advice but i’ll most likely be in the same position. but it can’t be too bad right? sometimes being alone can be comforting
nutz99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You know there's nothing to stop you starting your own society. The likelihood is that there are plenty of students with the same interests....it just takes one person to get people interested.
PastaIsLife
Rep:
?
(Original post by nutz99)
You know there's nothing to stop you starting your own society. The likelihood is that there are plenty of students with the same interests....it just takes one person to get people interested.
i’m not a leader.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (5)
20%
Unconditional if firmed (1)
4%
Unconditional if insurance (0)
0%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (0)
0%
No unconditional offers (19)
76%

Watched Threads