The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Anonymous
yes

When you eat, chew more :wink:
Mos Def
When you eat, chew more :wink:

i dnt chew properly i jus shove in my mouth and try and swallow it saves time see
Reply 22
Eating rocks.
Reply 23
I'm the same, why does it matter if your not over weight? Make use of this special time when you have a naturally high metabolism I say.
Reply 24
im the same i love eating though i seem to have lost my apetite recently
im terrible for doing this. if im bored or have nothing to do i head straight for the kitchen. try to analyse whether youre actually hungry and if the answer is no, dont eat anything. try to find other things to do like go for a walk or a bike ride or summit. drink instead of eat (i dont mean alcohol)
Ive been the same since ive been home, cant wait to move back to my uni house next week so i cant start getting healthy again
Anonymous
please keep anon or delete if have to because I do find this embarrasing.

Since I've been off school, I have been at home and not been doing much as the friends I do talk to are still in school, and the ones in my school hang out with people I don't like so I don't really see them either, and Ive been really finding it hard to stop myself from eating in the house.

Constantly I'm always going to the kitchen wanting something to munch or eat again and again.

It's very embarrasing.

I'm not obese, I'm average for my weight.

I just dont seem to care when I'm at home. I find that it's only when Im at home I do this.

If I'm at school I won't Or when Im busy I wont constantly eat. but only when Im at home, which is bad because as I said Im constantly at home due to no job, no school etc.

I JUST CAN't stop eating:frown:!!!!!!!!

Any advice or reply will help and be appreciated, thank you.

Talking from expereince If you keep this up you won't be average weight for long. I'm not obese but i am overweight and this is exactly the reason. I went to priavte school and now am at uni so my holidays always start before my parents (mum's a teacher) when my parents are around they can moniter what i eat and drag me kicking and screaming to the gym but when they are not i either eat a lot **** or not at all. Stop now before you ruin your weight and your figure.
put a bit of paper on the fridge saying something like:
"NO FATTY - DO 20 PRESSUPS"

Then do that instead of eating, and drink a glass of water.
In a couple weeks you will have huge arms....
Reply 29
hey i feel the same sometimes i just cant help but eat if im bored at home
Try having prepared healthy snacks in the fridge so when u feel like snacking you can grab those
like carrot sticks, celey sticks, cherry tomatoes, mini oranges and things like that, that way u can eat as much as you like and not feel sluggish
it might be helpful to carry chewing gum around with u aswell- keep chewing so ur less likely to eat junk food =]
X
every time you want to eat, drink 2 glasses of water.
or, buy lots of cucumber, tomatoes and celery (all are practically zero calories, i think celery might even be neg cal). it'll help you, um, "process" any carby unk food you've eaten, also you won't gain any weight from it!
i sometimes have this problem now that my exams are over.
just try to make a list of all of the activites that you cannot resonably do whilst eating. (e.g. go for a walk, do sit ups, lift weights, do lots of housework-it's very rewarding!, do the shopping, etc)
Reply 31
im sorry but u (OP) seem to have an excuse for everything

u need to find a job to get over your self esteem, u shudnt search for a job based on low self esteem as ur are restricting yourself enormously.

And whats wrong with jogging outside, no need for treadmills etc, and to gain confidence and get fit do what everyone else does and join a gym! Once u see the physical changes u wont want to keep eating junk believe me
Reply 32
i used to be the same.. as soon as i got home i just used to raid the kitchen for food. brush your teeth instead.. food generally tastes vile with toothpaste.. plus you get shiny white teeth:biggrin:
When your craving food out of boredom just drink tea or a hot beverage, I would say coffee but too much coffee is not good. Herbal tea is the best as its virtually no calories unless you sweeten it. But basically how I stop myself is just by filling up on tea. And yeah a job seriously helps. I'm 17 and I work in a store most days after school and as I have to lift a lot of stuff its almost like a work out and I don't have time to snack cos I go straight from school and if I do I keep it light because otherwise I will feel sluggish on the job.
Reply 34
i always do this lol, not because i'm hungry but because i'm bored, but i just skip in the garden for 10-20 mins when i get bored now and it works.
Reply 35
Anonymous
I wish I had a treadmill at home

We bought a treadmill only a week ago. Already pretty evident that no-one is going to use it much. My point is that it doesn't really help much - much easier to just go for a walk in the park or something...:smile:
Reply 36
I find that drinking water when I feel hungry at home usually supresses the need for food,

I exercise everyday and so don't want to spilo effects so i stick only to having 4 small meals a day! yes 4 lol i have smaller portions to help digestion and to allow me to exercise sooner after meals and when i feel hungry i drink water. It works for me.

dunno if that helps. but my tips would be exercise it surprisingly keeps you more energised and less likely to eat due to boredom as you have something to focus on
Reply 37
:frown: Im just the same..
I am underweight anyway,pretty much always have been but I eat tonnes and tonnes and tonnes..I dont fear putting on weight I think it's just such a terrible habit to have and I cannot seem to get rid of it..I literally just eat anything.and everything.yumyum.I just made a cake:biggrin:
Reply 38
ak47kalam
We bought a treadmill only a week ago. Already pretty evident that no-one is going to use it much. My point is that it doesn't really help much - much easier to just go for a walk in the park or something...:smile:

My family bought a treadmill a year or so ago and I use it 4 or 5 times a week :p:
But yeah it's a lot cheaper just to go for a walk really as long as you remember to keep your pace up.
Reply 39
FizzBitch
My family bought a treadmill a year or so ago and I use it 4 or 5 times a week :p:

Really? Wow, I wish I had that much patience, lol :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending