Countdown to year 11 mocksss: Tips!

Watch
future_11
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have mocks in arond 7 weeks and im brickin it! I havent been revising quite a bit in most subjects. Wondering if you could give me any tips?? These are my yr 10 mock grades vs what i want to achieve in the December mocks

Maths - 8
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 7
English lang -5
lit - 5
Geography - 7
Sociology - 5
RE - 5
French - 5

Year 11 mocks:
Maths - 9
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 8
English lang -6
lit - 5
Geography - 7
Sociology - 6
RE - 7
French - 5

Tips + more? Thanks
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by future_11)
I have mocks in arond 7 weeks and im brickin it! I havent been revising quite a bit in most subjects. Wondering if you could give me any tips?? These are my yr 10 mock grades vs what i want to achieve in the December mocks

Maths - 8
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 7
English lang -5
lit - 5
Geography - 7
Sociology - 5
RE - 5
French - 5

Year 11 mocks:
Maths - 9
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 8
English lang -6
lit - 5
Geography - 7
Sociology - 6
RE - 7
French - 5

Tips + more? Thanks
Hi,

Try not to stress over your mocks! It's just a pure evaluation to see how you're doing this year and how teachers can give you more guidance to improve your grades.

Start having a look at past papers, even if you do 1/2 for every subject it will certainly help You could ask your teachers to mark them if that's possible, if not, please do mark it properly. Be harsh on yourself when necessary - the examiner marking your paper in may be for sure.

If you haven't already bought the CGP revision books to aid your revision, then i would advise on buying them (you can get them cheaply on Amazon as a second-hand copy), it's a quirky revision tool but helps many students in gaining a good grade for their GCSEs.

Make sure to take plenty of notes in your lessons - but don't go overboard! You don't need to copy everything off the powerpoints your teachers make, the key points will be good enough.

When you are studying give yourself some time off, you need a break. Good luck in your mocks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.18%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.36%
Live streaming events (51)
8.75%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (135)
23.16%
An in-person event when available (129)
22.13%