Hernia or Rectus Abdominal Muscle Strain? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi guys,
Over the weekend, I did some push-ups (honestly, not much, just like 5 lmao, but I'm quite weak & I really forced myself to try for em) & ever since then, everytime I lie down or stand up from lying down, my lower abdomen hurts a lot.
I didn't think much of it until today - and I've now decided to stop doing pushups or straining the muscle until the pain goes away.
However, I also overthink a lot and self-diagnose myself a lot through Google; I am worrying that it could be a hernia, not just a muscle strain. I am bloated, which is why I am worrying that it could be a possible hernia.
Could anyone help me, like give me peace of mind of what you think it is?
I am a 16 year old female - if the pain persists I will see my GP, but my parents are currently overseas (only back Thursday evening, so I will give it until then).
Zahid~
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Bloating isnt a sign of hernia. I would think hernia if i saw a pouch which would dissapear upon lying down. If you poked the pouch you would feel internal organs etc.
Probably just muscle strain so relax for a while and take it easy. Gentle stretches before excercise in the future might prevent this.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you have any lumps poking through your stomach muscles that make you think you have a hernia? Because pain after exercising just sounds like muscle strain...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (260)
54.28%
18-20 years old (no) (62)
12.94%
20-25 years old (yes) (80)
16.7%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.88%
25-30 years old (yes) (25)
5.22%