Silence after GAME group interview Watch

Emma_error
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Soo, I had a group interview with GAME for the xmas sale assistant job coming up for the holiday season, and I loved it! I thought it went really well and I met a lot of cool people.
The problem is, they said they'd respond by the end of the following week, and I've heard nothing. I emailed them to follow-up in case they found someone else and I just asked for an update and expressed my interest in the job again, still nothing. No reply.
Is this normal? A friend of mine told me it took a month for him to hear back from another store, but I don't know. I'd like to call or follow-up again on that email but I don't know if I look desperate :/. I mean I am, but they can't know. Thoughts? Should I call the store?
lia_r18
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When did you actually have the interview?
CTLeafez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You could go into the store physically and ask for an update. Although, maybe wait a couple more days before resorting to that.
Emma_error
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lia_r18)
When did you actually have the interview?
The interview was on the 3rd of October :<
Emma_error
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Just an update on this: I ran into a guy that was at the group interview with me at comic con. He said he called the store about 5 times, and when they finally answered they told him "Well, we already sent out the emails for those that got the job. So if you didn't get it, you didn't get it".

It's a little rude if you ask me :< They never replied on my follow-up email, like at least tell me so I don't have my hopes up all the time. We both thought with 20 people interviewing that they'd look for about 10 people, because everyone starts on 4 hr contracts but I guess not. I was 1 out of the 4 girls and the most social one, so I thought i'd get picked purely out of diversity for the store but I guess not.

I have another job interview for the store literally next to them, but it kinda breaks my heart passing by because I've been going to them for so long, but what can you do I guess :< My mum said that if that's how disorganized they are then it's best that I don't work there, but I still wanted it really badly. Who knows, maybe in the future when I have more experience I can get a job there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (142)
18.83%
Labour (322)
42.71%
Liberal Democrats (153)
20.29%
Green Party (41)
5.44%
Brexit Party (21)
2.79%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.27%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.8%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)
0.13%
UKIP (7)
0.93%
Other (8)
1.06%
None (40)
5.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise