Daflee80
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I recently done a video interview for Superdrug and progressed onto the actual interview. Is there anyone that went through the interview phase who can tell me more about what happens on the day.
Thank you !!
Student01234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Daflee80)
Hi, I recently done a video interview for Superdrug and progressed onto the actual interview. Is there anyone that went through the interview phase who can tell me more about what happens on the day.
Thank you !!
Hi, well done for getting an interview!! I have worked for Superdrug in the past and had my interview in store this time last year so I'll talk you through what happened: so for the interview I had to wear all black (I wore a black skirt, tights, shirt and blazer), then I went in and asked for the manager whose name I had been emailed, I had to sit and wait in the pharmacy. Then the assistant store manager came and got me and took me out the back, I put my stuff into a locker and she took me onto the shop floor, I stood down the make up isle for 10 mins talking to the member of staff down there and I did have to approach customers but I only did to show that I was willing to get stuck in (if you do go down the cosmetics isle it's important to show an interest because you will probably spend a lot of your time down there if you get the job), then the assistant manager took me to the fragrance till where the lady there chatted to me and we served some customers, then I went onto another till with a different person and I just observed her on the till and she just told me what she had to do. Then the assistant manager took me out the back again where I met the manager and she interviewed me in the office. The questions weren't difficult, she asked me things like when have you experienced bad customer service, when have you had to help someone etc, she knew I didn't have experience so she was happy for me to talk about stuff I'd done at school. Then she spoke about the hours she was looking for me to work then said she would offer me a job and that I had to ring the next day to accept it if I wanted it. Then I went home. Superdrug is quite a busy shop so don't be alarmed if it seems a bit crazy when you're there, that's just the way it is. Good luck!! Just be friendly and willing to learn!
Daflee80
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Student01234)
Hi, well done for getting an interview!! I have worked for Superdrug in the past and had my interview in store this time last year so I'll talk you through what happened: so for the interview I had to wear all black (I wore a black skirt, tights, shirt and blazer), then I went in and asked for the manager whose name I had been emailed, I had to sit and wait in the pharmacy. Then the assistant store manager came and got me and took me out the back, I put my stuff into a locker and she took me onto the shop floor, I stood down the make up isle for 10 mins talking to the member of staff down there and I did have to approach customers but I only did to show that I was willing to get stuck in (if you do go down the cosmetics isle it's important to show an interest because you will probably spend a lot of your time down there if you get the job), then the assistant manager took me to the fragrance till where the lady there chatted to me and we served some customers, then I went onto another till with a different person and I just observed her on the till and she just told me what she had to do. Then the assistant manager took me out the back again where I met the manager and she interviewed me in the office. The questions weren't difficult, she asked me things like when have you experienced bad customer service, when have you had to help someone etc, she knew I didn't have experience so she was happy for me to talk about stuff I'd done at school. Then she spoke about the hours she was looking for me to work then said she would offer me a job and that I had to ring the next day to accept it if I wanted it. Then I went home. Superdrug is quite a busy shop so don't be alarmed if it seems a bit crazy when you're there, that's just the way it is. Good luck!! Just be friendly and willing to learn!
Thank you so much for your response. Can I ask, were you working as a pre-reg? and did you have to complete other things like maths tests on the interview day? Thanks.
Student01234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Daflee80)
Thank you so much for your response. Can I ask, were you working as a pre-reg? and did you have to complete other things like maths tests on the interview day? Thanks.
No sorry I just worked in the shop. Good luck tho
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (145)
19.1%
Labour (323)
42.56%
Liberal Democrats (154)
20.29%
Green Party (41)
5.4%
Brexit Party (21)
2.77%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.26%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.79%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)