Bayan19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hey I am in year 11 and have my biology mock after October holiday does anyone know what to focus on because in year 10 i revised a lot and i only got grade 5 and i need at least a 6. any tips please
Stanzz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Memorise as much as you can. Read through textbooks, ask teachers for help with writing exam questions (such as the 6 markers) if needed. GCSE biology is one of the subjects you can cram.
AGrizzlyBearo
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go through the specification and make sure you know everything you need to know.
MangoTangoo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I recommend looking in particular at mark schemes; they are really specific in biology and it’s worth learning any specific phrases that keep cropping up for your exam board. For example, for some questions, mentioning a keyword may not be enough- you sometimes have to give the definition in order to gain marks. You should be able, by the time the actual exams come around, to guess what the mark scheme will say, and where marks will be awarded so that you can structure your response accordingly.

It’s also worth making any links you can between the different topics, so that if they link ideas in an exam question, you are prepared to collate different parts of your knowledge to form a concise response.

Good luck
Bayan19
Rep:
?
(Original post by MangoTangoo)
I recommend looking in particular at mark schemes; they are really specific in biology and it’s worth learning any specific phrases that keep cropping up for your exam board. For example, for some questions, mentioning a keyword may not be enough- you sometimes have to give the definition in order to gain marks. You should be able, by the time the actual exams come around, to guess what the mark scheme will say, and where marks will be awarded so that you can structure your response accordingly.

It’s also worth making any links you can between the different topics, so that if they link ideas in an exam question, you are prepared to collate different parts of your knowledge to form a concise response.

Good luck
thank youuuu sooooo much
Bayan19
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stanzz)
Memorise as much as you can. Read through textbooks, ask teachers for help with writing exam questions (such as the 6 markers) if needed. GCSE biology is one of the subjects you can cram.
thanksss
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.7%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.93%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed