Problem regarding 6th form - Need advice! Watch

Matthewsimpson
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ok so I have Woodhouse College and City and Islington College to choose between for 6th form. However, I was planning on deciding by going to both College's induction days. I went to Woodhouse yesterday, and really enjoyed it. I had thought that the CandI one was tommorow, but woke up to find out it was today and had already missed it. What do I do now? I rang them up and they explained loads of people do that and not to worry, but there would be no spaces on any other induction days and I would just have to enrol. I don't think I could enrol somewhere without having gone to the induction day. But I wanted to choose between the two, rather than being forced into one, which looks like is what will happen.

What do I do now?
Norfolkadam
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
On the day of the other induction days ring up and ask if anyone has pulled out ill or just shoot someone who is going. The former is obviously the most desierable. If not try and find out as much as you can about the college and if you know someone who already goes there tag along with him/her at lunch and have a nose around. I helped my friend Matthew do this, he missed the induction day at my college so I gave him a mini-tour.
Malsy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ouch thats bad as you have no idea what the college is like as you didnt go to the induction day-so its like what if you choose it and not like it and regret it and want to go to woodhouse.
I would suggest go to woodhouse as you know what its like and seem to like it.
But only you know which one will be best for you in terms of getting there, the people, the place. so good luck in choosing!- hope this helps a little
Matthewsimpson
Hmm yeah thanks you guys. I don't think I will be able to go tomorrow which is the only other induction at the moment because she said it wouldn't be possible to reschedule. It looks like I will probably end up going to Woodhouse, but numerous teachers have told me that they think I would be better suited to CandI because of its atmosphere and they say Woodhouse is "stuck up". Which is my conundrum really, like going against people's advice, but what can I do? So hard to decide!
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Teachers at my school keep telling me Woodhouse is stuck up too. I went to the induction thing yesterday and really liked it so I'll probably go there. But unlike you, family members keep telling me that I would be stupid not to go to Woodhouse because it's "one of the best sixth form colleges in the UK" and blah blah blah. I don't want to go to a college for its prestige, I want to go if it's right for me. I still kind of want to stay at my old school so I can't make up my mind. It's kind of like going with the pressure or doing what you want. If you liked Woodhouse, go to Woodhouse and forget what people say. I know you haven't been to CandI's induction day but have you been to an open day? What kind of atmosphere did you get from that? I apologise for going off an a tangent but my main advice is just go with your gut feeling and forget everyone else because you have to remember, this is about you. Hope this helps
Matthewsimpson
(Original post by diamonddust)
Teachers at my school keep telling me Woodhouse is stuck up too. I went to the induction thing yesterday and really liked it so I'll probably go there. But unlike you, family members keep telling me that I would be stupid not to go to Woodhouse because it's "one of the best sixth form colleges in the UK" and blah blah blah. I don't want to go to a college for its prestige, I want to go if it's right for me. I still kind of want to stay at my old school so I can't make up my mind. It's kind of like going with the pressure or doing what you want. If you liked Woodhouse, go to Woodhouse and forget what people say. I know you haven't been to CandI's induction day but have you been to an open day? What kind of atmosphere did you get from that? I apologise for going off an a tangent but my main advice is just go with your gut feeling and forget everyone else because you have to remember, this is about you. Hope this helps
I agree with exactly. Same sort of feelings about not going for prestige and so on. I'm planning on going to Drama School after A levels and didn't want to go somewhere where everyone is geared toward Oxbridge (exaggeration I know). I think I'll just talk to lots of people over the next week, get their opinions and then make my mind up with the help of that?
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sounds good! Good luck with whatever you decide!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.59%
No - but I will (35)
6.57%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.75%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (251)
47.09%

Watched Threads