Gap Year in Dubai Watch

catalicious
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I just came back from a holiday in Dubai and absolutly loved it! I am taking a year out this year before i start uni in 2009 and would love to go to Dubai and work, I can really see myself doing it. Does anyone know how to go about sorting this stuff out? are there any special groups that go to Dubai? all the ones I've seen are just for Europe,USA and OZ.

please help me
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What do you want to do on your Gap Year? What sort of work would you like to do?
my:favorite:things...
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What exactly would you do in Dubai? work in a hotel?
They don't seem to have many traditional village/school building, english teaching gap year opportunities in Dubai!
catalicious
Rep:
?
i just would like to have regular job i.e receptionist, work at shop, attractions etc. I mean i would like to get an apprenticeship or an internship but I don't know how to go about it, also where would i stay etc? just wandering if theres any groups that offer a gap year in dubai, i havn't come across any. I wouldn't mind going for just 6 months or something.
Bateman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dubai is amazing, you should definately do it if you want to. But i'd imagine that most of the jobs available are perminant and very competative.
my:favorite:things...
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Could you not contact a hotel /attraction an ask if they have any work available? and ask if they could recommend accommodation or even provide it.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If I were you, I would look at working for a large international hotel group with hotels in the area that can provide on site accomodation and meals on duty.
catalicious
Rep:
?
yeh that would be a good idea actually. So are there no companies/groups that organise trips/gap years un Dubai then?
Method
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by catalicious)
yeh that would be a good idea actually. So are there no companies/groups that organise trips/gap years un Dubai then?
I have to admit Dubai is tha bomb, but not sure about going there for a gap year. The majority of jobs are contract and freelance appointments that are made outside Dubai, and it's rarely possible to arrive in Dubai without a job and find one locally. It may also be difficult to get a visa to work there for a year.

I don't know of any companies that do it either, but you would just be better off oraganising it yourself. You find this site useful.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why pay a company to organise your Gap Year for you? Especially if you're planning on Dubai. It will be horrendously expensive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (441)
37.89%
No - but I will (88)
7.56%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.87%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (555)
47.68%

Watched Threads