georgiaaa21
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m currently in year 11 and in the process of applying to a sixth form college. I’m taking chemistry and biology at A-level and thinking of doing maths (possibly further maths if my grades are high enough) also. I was wondering if this is going to be a lot of work and if I could achieve high grades with the workload and combination of subjects.
I’m currently predicted these grades at GCSE:
Chemistry- 9
Biology- 7/8
Maths- 7/8
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Any science is a lot of work since it’s difficult. You could totally achieve high as long as you work hard and smartly.
adviceisallineed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They are definitely really hard subjects, because A Levels is a huge step from GCSEs. If you’re willing to stay motivated in doing all the work then go for it. good luck!
Your predicted grades are amazing!
What do you want to be?
kurro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Of course, is it possible, many have achieved it with the right mindset and revision.
But do you actually need further maths? Do you have a vague idea of what you want to do in university?
georgiaaa21
Rep:
?
(Original post by adviceisallineed)
They are definitely really hard subjects, because A Levels is a huge step from GCSEs. If you’re willing to stay motivated in doing all the work then go for it. good luck!
Your predicted grades are amazing!
What do you want to be?
Thank you!! I want to go into medicine and I’m thinking about becoming a surgeon
adviceisallineed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by georgiaaa21)
Thank you!! I want to go into medicine and I’m thinking about becoming a surgeon
That’s really good, good luck
georgiaaa21
Rep:
?
(Original post by kurro)
Of course, is it possible, many have achieved it with the right mindset and revision.
But do you actually need further maths? Do you have a vague idea of what you want to do in university?
I want to study medicine and I’m thinking that if I did end up doing further maths it would make my application stand out a bit more for uni as I’ve heard medicine is a competitive area
georgiaaa21
Rep:
?
Does anyone have any experience in studying these three a-levels together?? Would be helpful for feedback thanks
Incede
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Your subject combination sounds good for medicine, stick to single maths unless you get a 9 in the GCSE. You don't need it and having one less a-level will give you more time to prepare for entrance tests into medicine and gives you more time to spend getting relevant work experience or volunteering.

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (145)
19.1%
Labour (323)
42.56%
Liberal Democrats (154)
20.29%
Green Party (41)
5.4%
Brexit Party (21)
2.77%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.26%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.79%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)