Alicedow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I am currently doing a primary PGCE and i need to gather feedback on some resources for lessons that i have made. If anyone could look at the attachments and let me know any comments you have it would be extremely helpful with my assignment. I am currently on placement in a year 5 class and studying the topic of Stayin' Alive.
The 3 lessons i have attached are:
An art lesson on the camouflage of tortoises where students had to use coloured pencils to fill in the outline (all comments in red were added after the lesson to explain what i did for anyone evaluating the resource).
An english lesson where a survival guide was written, using the checklist provided after class discussion.
An adaptations science lesson where pupils have to design their own animal adapted to a specific environment. The PPT is used at the beginning of the lesson and information cards are also available for the students to use.
Many Thanks to anyone who helps!
Mom$$
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
by when do you need the feedback?
Mom$$
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Good morning. Have looked at your resources and lesson plans and have the following comments:
well done for the variety of ideas used to tie activities to topic.
core ideas are secure for each and very clear. like the art activity as it gave children an opportunity to discuss and come together to give feedback before doing activity. good support document for writing activity. is this checklist for a mixed ability group or a set? there doesn't seem to be much differentiation. Would have liked to see support items for lower ability groups or those supported by an adult. also how is the resource adapted fo higher ability students.
Big thing for me is that you are using powerpoint and not your interactive board that allows for you to annotate based on feedback. Is there a reason for that. Also would have been useful to see your lesson plans to see when and how you would be using the resources.
Hope this helps. Happy to give more specific feedback if you can clarify.
Retired SENCo and year 5 teacher.
Alicedow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
For the survival guide they were given this checklist and also a writing frame including the headings and were exclusively working with a TA, do you think this is enough differentiation? I’d say I am struggling most with the wide range of differentiation needed in this class. I have been using PowerPoint because it’s an easier programme for me to have access to however I will consider using a flip chart so I can annotate as we discuss more often, thanks for the help.
Mom$$
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Alicedow)
For the survival guide they were given this checklist and also a writing frame including the headings and were exclusively working with a TA, do you think this is enough differentiation? I’d say I am struggling most with the wide range of differentiation needed in this class. I have been using PowerPoint because it’s an easier programme for me to have access to however I will consider using a flip chart so I can annotate as we discuss more often, thanks for the help.
Hi! That depends on the needs. Might be easier to focus on one success criteria and create an activity around it for the children. If there is support, then given an extension activity for those who finish. Remember to give detailed instructions - step by step for the TA as they are not subject experts. provide all materials photocopied, give extension questions and answers so the ta knows what to do next. this would very much be a group activity.
for the most able, depending on knowledge, don't make them sit for the success criteria and other stuff if you think they know what adaptation means - you are the best judge of that. give them resources and ask them to look up information on another animal that has adapted to their surroundings. each child can do their own. if this is something they have already done, then they could work independently on their design (back to what the other groups have done). working down the ability ladder, they could work in pairs, in groups of 4 etc. you might to give more assistance - books or visual aids for children to get some ideas.
hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (172)
18.66%
Labour (398)
43.17%
Liberal Democrats (180)
19.52%
Green Party (52)
5.64%
Brexit Party (24)
2.6%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.33%
SNP (11)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (9)
0.98%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.11%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.11%
SDLP (1)
0.11%
Ulster Unionist (2)