Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I emailed my personal tutor yesterday basically explaining that I would like to leave my course due to personal reasons. They haven’t answered yet and I’m starting to worry because I want the process over and done with quickly. Are tutors not supposed to check their emails quite a lot?
henleykt
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It’s probably not something your tutor can sort. Your better off emailing student services at your uni (or better still going in to student services in person)
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I emailed my personal tutor yesterday basically explaining that I would like to leave my course due to personal reasons. They haven’t answered yet and I’m starting to worry because I want the process over and done with quickly. Are tutors not supposed to check their emails quite a lot?
As henleykt said, it'll be quicker if you actually find your personal tutor or go to student support in person. They may not be able to talk to you at that moment, but at least you'll be there to make an appointment with them.

Your tutor is probably busy teaching so hasn't looked yet (it also depends on when yesterday you sent it), or has read it but hasn't had time to construct a reply.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey.

Tried student services? They're how I got through it all. They will probably refer you to your tutor afterwards to get a signature that you're leaving the course. At least, that's how it was for me.
I had to speak to another course tutor (the one who's course I was moving to) and it was over in a flash.

No need to stress. Just get into contact with the relevant people.
Joshua
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Nov '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
69.7%
No I haven't decided yet (33)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (17)
10.3%

Watched Threads