The Student Room Group

Business Managment worth it?

I was thinking about what to do next year and was thinking about doing business Managment but according to people, the chances of getting a good job with a degree in Business Managment are low. Is the degree worth anything?
Reply 1
I think it depends o a lot of things like experience, which uni you go to, your aims, how good you are at interview etc etc
Original post by Theking997
I was thinking about what to do next year and was thinking about doing business Managment but according to people, the chances of getting a good job with a degree in Business Managment are low. Is the degree worth anything?

Hey,

I'm a final year Management student at the University of Bath and had exactly the same worry when I was applying for uni! Hopefully I can offer my perspective as I found the degree can lead to really good jobs! :smile:

The course at Bath has been really broad and I know that whatever career I choose, something will be relevant because we have covered so many topics that affect all businesses. Basically, it won’t ever be a degree where you can’t apply at least some of it!

Also, when I was applying for placements, I found lots of companies asked for a business-related degree. Sometimes they did open the scheme to all disciplines which does mean that the job market for roles in business is very competitive, but I found Bath were really helpful in guiding us through the process to stand out. I had help with my CV, cover letters, a mock interview etc. and there were lots of opportunities to meet well-known employers (and start-ups too) on campus such Accenture, Loreal, PwC, Mars, Unilever, Disney, Morgan Stanley etc. to find out more about the company and recruitment process.

The placement year is really popular at Bath where most students work for a year between 2nd year and final year. This can help boost your employability when looking for grad jobs because you already have 12 months of experience you can see here the sorts of companies’ people work for on placement. People go into all sorts of roles too across marketing, finance, accounting, supply chain, digital analytics, consulting etc. so the career options open to business students can be extensive!

Hopefully this gives you a bit of an idea - if you have any more questions just quote me!

Alice,
Final Year Management Student
Original post by Theking997

That's far from the truth. A degree in Management has better prospects than many other degrees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending