Traffic light câmara or just a sensor? Watch

Patriciammm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I was going on the street and sudently go to yellow. I never saw the red light but I did not have time to stop before the lines.I think I saw a flash but it could be the car behind me going throw the bump on the street.I am going to post a picture of the cameras
Patriciammm
Rep:
?
(Original post by Patriciammm)
I was going on the street and sudently go to yellow. I never saw the red light but I did not have time to stop before the lines.I think I saw a flash but it could be the car behind me going throw the bump on the street.I am going to post a picture of the cameras
Name:  Screenshot_20191021_202129_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  211.2 KB
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Name:  Screenshot_20191021_202129_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  211.2 KB
A red light camera is never on the traffic light itself because it couldn't capture what colour the light is if the camera itself is mounted on the traffic light. Hence no evidence!

It is always on a seperate post, behind the stop line - to capture the offending car and the traffic light at the time of the offence.
Patriciammm
Rep:
?
Oh thank you. I was so worried because of the flash of light I saw.
Patriciammm
Rep:
?
Name:  Screenshot_20191021_203547_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  312.5 KB
I just saw these ones two. Are these ones cameras?
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yep you're going to get fined and lose your licence. New rules say you'll never be able to drive again and can be jailed for up to five years.
Patriciammm
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
Yep you're going to get fined and lose your licence. New rules say you'll never be able to drive again and can be jailed for up to five years.
Not funny
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Not funny
No, it's absolutely not. Shouldn't have gone through the light if you didn't want the ban!
Patriciammm
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
A red light camera is never on the traffic light itself because it couldn't capture what colour the light is if the camera itself is mounted on the traffic light. Hence no evidence!

It is always on a seperate post, behind the stop line - to capture the offending car and the traffic light at the time of the offence.
Name:  Screenshot_20191021_203547_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  312.5 KB

Is this a traffic light camera? Does it flash?
I went in the amber color. So it might catch a bit of the back of car. Will I get a fine?
username4992338
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You’re gonna find out when a letter comes or doesn’t😂 I’ve been in the same position, checking maps to look for cameras, but nothing ever got sent to me!
Patriciammm
Rep:
?
(Original post by twist-and-shout)
You’re gonna find out when a letter comes or doesn’t😂 I’ve been in the same position, checking maps to look for cameras, but nothing ever got sent to me!
Yeah. I am kind of paranoic now. Just because of the flash. It is a second decision that it is impossible to make. Stop sudently on the traffic light with car behind or go through the amber light.
username4992338
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yeah. I am kind of paranoic now. Just because of the flash. It is a second decision that it is impossible to make. Stop sudently on the traffic light with car behind or go through the amber light.
Well technically you should slow down even if the light is green; you learn that during lessons. Additionally, I don’t think (don’t bank on this) that traffic cameras flash. I once thought a speed camera flashed behind me but it turned out to be the car behind me (plus my colleagues said I’d know for sure if it had flashed because they’re so bright), so I wouldn’t worry about it
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Infrared cameras do not flash visibly. Enjoy your ban.
username4992338
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You don’t get straight-up banned for going through a red light😂
Patriciammm
Rep:
?
Well technically you should slow down even if the light is green; you learn that during lessons. Additionally, I don’t think (don’t bank on this) that traffic cameras flash. I once thought a speed camera flashed behind me but it turned out to be the car behind me (plus my colleagues said I’d know for sure if it had flashed because they’re so bright), so I wouldn’t worry about it
I was going on 20 mph. But I only saw the âmbar light really close. Maybe it would be possible to stop. I couldnt react that fast and I my first instinct was not to do a sudently stop. Maybe I was stupid xD let's find out.
username4992338
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I was going on 20 mph. But I only saw the âmbar light really close. Maybe it would be possible to stop. I couldnt react that fast and I my first instinct was not to do a sudently stop. Maybe I was stupid xD let's find out.
You can go through amber anyway. Risky ambers are the best.
Patriciammm
Rep:
?
You get a fine and 3 points. But thank you. You made me smile
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You don’t get straight-up banned for going through a red light😂
It's called trolling. Should be banned though.

You get a fine and 3 points. But thank you. You made me smile
Get off the roads if you can't see a red light.
maeger
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
£2000 fine as well.
RoyalSheepy
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ecolier)

Incorrect, research Truvelo cameras.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (48)
31.79%
No (77)
50.99%
Don't know (26)
17.22%

Watched Threads