The Student Room Group

What prized possessions have you had to throw away?

10 minutes ago I had to say goodbye to my favourite tent.
It was my floral festival tent that I've had for 2 years....it got so minging at Leeds last year I just bunged it away and couldn't bear to part with it.
Today I opened it aiming to clean it, but that never happened, it's so disgusting it just had to go.

I'm heartbroken :frown:

I thought it would be fun to see other things TSR members have had to chuck...willingly or otherwise :biggrin:

Share..?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can't think of anything at the moment - for I am too moved by the tale of your painful experience in relinquishing possession of your tent.

I must dry my eyes.
I had to throw away a loaf of bread once, that was nearly as upsetting as the day i threw away two bog rolls, yes two. because i accidently split cat water over it (yes cat water) i also threw the cat away after that, but i didnt mind that so much
Reply 3
i love ur sig bear. lol
Reply 4
Bear_Grylls
I had to throw away a loaf of bread once, that was nearly as upsetting as the day i threw away two bog rolls, yes two. because i accidently split cat water over it (yes cat water) i also threw the cat away after that, but i didnt mind that so much

:rofl:

For me, it was a watch I had when I was 10. It had a parrot, which was my favourite animal, on the face. I think it got broken or something.

Then there was my favourite fluffy cat toy from Mothercare. It was well-loved and its head was on the way to falling off, like Nearly Headless Nick, so my mum bought me a replacement cos they were still selling them. This was when I was 17.
Reply 5
when I was 15 I finnally decide to throw away about two bags full of pokemon cards that I'd collected over about 5 years in an attempt to force myself to grow up (didn't work).

Regret it now though, should have sold them for a couple of quid at least on eBay.
Reply 6
That's true actually...I used to collect Pogs and had a whole set of the POG World Tour series. Dunno what happened to those :frown: Stolen, probably.
Reply 7
I made my sister throw out her favourite pair of underpants. They were so full of holes. Her argument was "they're comfy". Mine was "You freak".
I don't keep have many items of sentimental value. I did throw away a Bible once though as it started to smell. (Never urinate on a book)
Thats Book 101 to be honest!

I had to throw away one of my old teddybears from when I was a baby a few years ago - He was a Blue-furred bear of an incredibly noble and loving nature, Named (Amazingly enough! :wink: ) Blue bear. He had gotten old and damp after we moved house and hidden him away (But not in a bad way - I put him in the box with my other stuffed animals with everything they could need - my tea set, plastic food, my old cassette player and music tapes as well as some books) Unfortunately his corner of the box got damp and well...that was the end of it - he got rather sick :frown: :frown: :frown:

I waited till the house was empty - I took a day of school pretending to be physically ill (instead of mentally sick from the loss of such a loved possession :s-smilie: )

I assembled the complete set of them in our garden, dug up a section of our garden that is quite obscured from normal view, and laid him to rest in a cardboard coffin, whilst saying a prayer.

I know this seems overly sentimental, but for me, it was very important to do this. Id like to think it was a mark of respect for all the years he had been their for me, in sickness (Chickenpox and other things that ruled out friends coming around, or playing with my brother) and in health (When I took him on holiday :p: )

He was a faithful bear indeed. :smile:
Reply 10
Desperate Prayer

I had to throw away one of my old teddybears from when I was a baby a few years ago - He was a Blue-furred bear of an incredibly noble and loving nature, Named (Amazingly enough! :wink: ) Blue bear. He had gotten old and damp after we moved house and hidden him away (But not in a bad way - I put him in the box with my other stuffed animals with everything they could need - my tea set, plastic food, my old cassette player and music tapes as well as some books) Unfortunately his corner of the box got damp and well...that was the end of it - he got rather sick :frown: :frown: :frown:

I waited till the house was empty - I took a day of school pretending to be physically ill (instead of mentally sick from the loss of such a loved possession :s-smilie: )

I assembled the complete set of them in our garden, dug up a section of our garden that is quite obscured from normal view, and laid him to rest in a cardboard coffin, whilst saying a prayer.

I know this seems overly sentimental, but for me, it was very important to do this. Id like to think it was a mark of respect for all the years he had been their for me, in sickness (Chickenpox and other things that ruled out friends coming around, or playing with my brother) and in health (When I took him on holiday :p: )

That was beautiful.
Desperate Prayer

That's so sweet!

I had to throw away my toy cow. I had him from birth and he was called Stinky. I took him everywhere and my mum made him like pajamas to stop the material from breaking away (I hugged him so much that it all started to wear away) He was really big and I was quite small so at bedtime I used to crawl inbetween the pajamas and him and snuggle up because I couldn't get to sleep any other way.

He ended up in a box in the loft when we thought we were going to have to move and squirrels tore him up :frown: They left his head but it was far too creepy to keep him like that (we couldn't find the rest of him) so my grandad put him in a box and helped me bury him in the back garden. He told my parents that we threw him away, I don't know if they even know he's down here! lol
Reply 12
I once took a **** so big that it made a splash outside of the bowl.

its was very emotional to see something that had been such a big part of me flushed away.
Reply 13
i crazy hoard things so rarely throw anything away :redface:

i can't think of anything i've got rid of that i really thought a lot of
I don't know if it's just me, but material items don't really mean much to me. I don't have a problem throwing anything away. Nothing comes to mind that did. :s-smilie:
my collections of shoes. i had 50 pairs in total but my mum made me throw them away when we moved house. she had a stupid excuse as well "you never wear them" or "they're too small now" :mad:
or my mattress. my mum threw that away as well, it was a hand-me-down from my mum and she had had it since she was a kid and i'd had it since my first bed. it was ragidy, dirty, broken and flat - but i still loved it.
Reply 16
All my childhood teddies disappeared when we moved when i was 11...
... Big Ted, Medium Ted, Little Ted, some care bears that would have been worth a BOMB now.
Its good blackmail material against The Mother (despite the fact that i'm now 20).
As is the fact that she kept promising me the Syvanian Family Canal Boat i wanted, every birthday and xmas, and it never materialised :frown:
I had a tough, tough upbringing
*obvious jokes*
Reply 17
~Ally~
All my childhood teddies disappeared when we moved when i was 11...
... Big Ted, Medium Ted, Little Ted, some care bears that would have been worth a BOMB now.
Its good blackmail material against The Mother (despite the fact that i'm now 20).
As is the fact that she kept promising me the Syvanian Family Canal Boat i wanted, every birthday and xmas, and it never materialised :frown:
I had a tough, tough upbringing
*obvious jokes*

I like the extensive use of imagination in the naming of those bears :p:.

My mum tried to make me throw some old bears away the other day, including the one that i played with so much that it was pretty much bald to "make room in the loft". Needless to say there is still a severe lack of space up there. When I was christened my uncle bought me some Peter Rabbit dinner set. At the age of about 6 I decided that one particular meal needed special treatment so used the plate. Ended up dropping it and my mum came in to find me frantically trying to piece it back together.
Reply 18
Well after me and my boyfriend had sex for the first time i kept the full condom for a month and a bit but had to compost it after that. It was stinking up my schoolbag.
My nan once flushed her wedding ring down the toilet :laugh:... But that was her and not me.

I've had to throw away a few clothes that had sentimental value (fubu jeans that turned into fubu shorts that turned into bleach stained shorts), that's momma for you.

I hate throwing away skateboards/skates so I gave my last pair away to a random kid who was learning so he could continue their legacy :laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending