University Economics, What A-Levels? Watch

BenLL
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm about to start (in September) Six-Form and I have some confusions about which A-Levels to takes, currently I have chosen:
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Politics
History
I would like to study economics at university, possibly in addition to another subject. So would these A-Levels be adequate to get me into the top universities (provided the grades are OK) or would I need to do economics? Note: I have a genuine interest in economics.
Also, to get into the best universities for economics is Further Maths essential?
Thanks!
g_star_raw_1989
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
Those, subjects seem fine.

Yes, I belive the top unis, want Further Maths.

Doing Economics at A-elvel, would show your intrest it, maybe you could swap it with Politics.
Nayberay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is there a reason why your not doing Economics?
I would of thought for the top uni's Oxbridge,LSE etc they would prefer you to have Economics.
Check the uni websites maybe
Other than that they seem fine but I'd consider doing Economics
RyanT
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
History
Economics

That would be the best combination - if your school offers economics. Drop history at A2 and it will look nice.
tucker672
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BenLL)
I'm about to start (in September) Six-Form and I have some confusions about which A-Levels to takes, currently I have chosen:
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
Politics
History
I would like to study economics at university, possibly in addition to another subject. So would these A-Levels be adequate to get me into the top universities (provided the grades are OK) or would I need to do economics? Note: I have a genuine interest in economics.
Also, to get into the best universities for economics is Further Maths essential?
Thanks!
Why arent you doing Economics?

The perfect ones for you would be Maths, Further Maths, Economics, History and Politics.

That kind of combination could get you in Cambridge or Oxford to do PPE. Or even LSE to do pure Economics or Economics and Governemnt(politics basically)

Good Luck

Grant
BenLL
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
"Drop history at A2 and it will look nice." I don't plan to drop any subject and we cannot drop history (at our school anyway) because it is a 'linear course' meaning that it runs for the full two years. Any one else have that?
tucker672
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BenLL)
"Drop history at A2 and it will look nice." I don't plan to drop any subject and we cannot drop history (at our school anyway) because it is a 'linear course' meaning that it runs for the full two years. Any one else have that?
I would drp Physics and do economics
summertime_
Report 10 years ago
if you have a genuine interest in economics and its available at your school why the hell arent you going to do it? you need to enjoy the next two years
gangsta316
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Economics and Physics/Chemistry.
02mik_e
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do mathematics, Further mathematic, Economics, History. Possibly English Lit if you can All the best
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.23%
No - but I will (38)
7%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.63%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (256)
47.15%

Watched Threads