Drama Courses? Watch

Wia
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey

I have posted this somewhere else, I didnt know this part was here (sorry... I'm new :P)

So yeah,

I was just wondering which universities offer respected drama courses, I'm hoping to study Drama and French at university (if i don't get into a Drama school) and I am just curious as to which ones are "better" so to speak.

Thanks
xx
Angel_Cake
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have a lot of friends who studied theatre studies and they always used to say that Bristol, Warwick and Royal Holloway were the most prestigious. However you definitely can't do drama with french at Warwick (although you could do an outside module in it, which would make up a quarter of your course), don't know about the other two.

Is your plan to eventually have a career as a professional actor? In which case you should really consider which unis offer the best extra-curricular drama oppportunities as they're so important for putting on post grad application forms etc. Of the three I mentioned I think Warwick definitely used to be the best, not sure now though.

Good luck!
Wia
thanks

I never thought of Warwick...

I shall go do some research
Wia
I've just looked at Warwick,
And because I am hoping to take a Gap Year, I would probably have to apply during my gap year, (they only accept deferred entry in special circumstances... though what that means, I really don't know lols :P)

I think though, I have my heart sort of set on Royal Holloway for a Uni...

I'm gonna go on the open day thats in September, to see if it really is as nice at it looks :P

xxx
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Wia)
I've just looked at Warwick,
And because I am hoping to take a Gap Year, I would probably have to apply during my gap year, (they only accept deferred entry in special circumstances... though what that means, I really don't know lols :P)

I think though, I have my heart sort of set on Royal Holloway for a Uni...

I'm gonna go on the open day thats in September, to see if it really is as nice at it looks :P

xxx
You wouldn't be able to take French in first year though and it would be pure theatre with no flexibility. The no deferring thing is about not wasting interview places on people who could go for an interview the year after...maximizes the chances of those applying for the year of entry. If you are on a gap year abroad you can apply for deferred th.ough
all the world's a stage
Report 10 years ago
Hi,

i have just applied to do french and drama at university.
i have applied to warwick, to do french and theatre studies, and bristol to french and drama.
it's not a common combination BUT universities do do the course!
i intend to go to drama school after completing my degree aswell.
at present i am eagerly awaiting a response from both bristol and warwick!
good luck with your application!!!

Hannah xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (307)
37.48%
No - but I will (62)
7.57%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise