The Student Room Group

Any tattoos you dislike?

Does anyone have any tattoos they dislike or didn’t come out the way the wanted it to?
I got my first tattoo about 2 and a half weeks ago and it’s lovely but it’s not facing the way I wanted it to face which i would say is an error on my behalf and slightly the tattoo artists.
Reply 1
Yeh, I got a tattoo of some writing on my back when I was 18. Now I'm 27 I think it looks god awful, but at least I still really like what it says. :dontknow:
Reply 2
Original post by grape:)
Yeh, I got a tattoo of some writing on my back when I was 18. Now I'm 27 I think it looks god awful, but at least I still really like what it says. :dontknow:

What does it say if you don’t mind me asking?
Reply 3
Original post by Leahmitch
What does it say if you don’t mind me asking?

Life is a game of cards, the hand that is dealt you represents determinism, the way you play it is freewill
Reply 4
nope
If I could have a do-over on my tattoos I'd move some to different body parts. I don't regret any though. It's more of "it would be nice if I could do this..." rather than hating my choice.
I would recommend one of those businesses that give you a temporary tattoo. I used Inkbox - I uploaded the art I wanted and they sent me it in a temporary tattoo format. It actuallly lasted 18 days so I had a reallly good idea what it would look like and now I know I want some changes before I get an actual tattoo.

Just thought I'd pop in with this idea as you sound like you might be considering a permanent tattoo OP. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by grape:)
Life is a game of cards, the hand that is dealt you represents determinism, the way you play it is freewill

That’s a very interesting quote, I really like it. I recently got a new tattoo of like a third eye on the side of my rib and when the woman was placing the ink I was holding my top up and therefore was also holding my boobs up, when she placed the stencil the tattoo was straight but when she actually did the tattoo is was wonky which sucks but I’ve realised it was because I was holding up my boobs 😭 it’s bothering me a little but I’m hoping I can cover it up with something later in life (if possible)
people getting tattoos of their partners. what happens if you break up lmao. good luck finding the money to get rid of it
I don't have any tattoos because I dislike them all but that's just me.
Does anyone have any tattoos they dislike or didn’t come out the way the wanted it to?
I got my first tattoo about 2 and a half weeks ago and it’s lovely but it’s not facing the way I wanted it to face which i would say is an error on my behalf and slightly the tattoo artists.

VERY IMPORTANT WARNING: I wanted to tell u all that tattoo inks sometimes contain metals (especially black and blue inks), and this means that if you ever have an MRI scan it pulls the metals out and can hear up the ink in your skin and stuff and it can cause burns and stuff. I just found this out yesterday and it shocked me so I just really wanted to tell you, OP, mabye ask which ink they use so you can check if it has metal? and sounds dumb but mabye bring a magnet with you and check, then again MRIs are ALOT stronger... so idk
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by stillcrying
I don't have any tattoos because I dislike them all but that's just me.

At first I actually never liked them either but then something changed. As a child I was quite dumb so I actually never knew that you could choose what tattoo you wanted 😂 I like them a lot more now but it’s just a preference thing I guess
Reply 12
Original post by csmlady
VERY IMPORTANT WARNING: I wanted to tell u all that tattoo inks sometimes contain metals (especially black and blue inks), and this means that if you ever have an MRI scan it pulls the metals out and can hear up the ink in your skin and stuff and it can cause burns and stuff. I just found this out yesterday and it shocked me so I just really wanted to tell you, OP, mabye ask which ink they use so you can check if it has metal? and sounds dumb but mabye bring a magnet with you and check, then again MRIs are ALOT stronger... so idk

Thank you so much for letting me know this. If I ever get another tattoo I’ll definitely ask about whether the ink they use contains mental. Thank you so much again
Reply 13
Original post by IH8Studying
people getting tattoos of their partners. what happens if you break up lmao. good luck finding the money to get rid of it

There is this girl I used to work with and she has a big massive tattoo on her back of her husbands name. When she first told me I was trying my best to not say “what are you gonna do if you two got divorced”. Sometimes I think people do that because they’re literally head over heels for their partner, even though they know it’s such a stupid idea they do it anyway
(edited 4 years ago)
Thank you so much for letting me know this. If I ever get another tattoo I’ll definitely ask about whether the ink they use contains mental. Thank you so much again

no problem!! you can Google for more information!! and also the inks are not approved by any health organizations which means there could be anything in them, also apparently the ones that half loops on them such as circle designs I suppose?? generate more energy in the MRI machine, so that's a factor aswell!! :0
Reply 15
Original post by csmlady
no problem!! you can Google for more information!! and also the inks are not approved by any health organizations which means there could be anything in them, also apparently the ones that half loops on them such as circle designs I suppose?? generate more energy in the MRI machine, so that's a factor aswell!! :0

I’ll google further into it when I have time later, it’s crazy how you learn something new everyday.
I’ll google further into it when I have time later, it’s crazy how you learn something new everyday.

yes definitely do so, and yes!! I thought it's really scary because I was thinking about getting a tattoo of something science related, so I'm really scared of getting one now as it was gonna be an atom or something with a bunch of loops in it so I'm not sure anymore, apparently if they see the tattoo they put a wet cloth over it but this can make it harder for some scans so they can't do it and sometimes have to remove the skin where the tattoo is to do it in an emergency and stuff, so idk what to do lol
Reply 17
I've had a **** ton of MRIs and I am pretty heavily tattooed and none of this has ever happened to me

It is a minority thing and is not common at all, especially if you have the work done in the UK by reputable artists that use reputable products
Original post by gjd800
I've had a **** ton of MRIs and I am pretty heavily tattooed and none of this has ever happened to me

It is a minority thing and is not common at all, especially if you have the work done in the UK by reputable artists that use reputable products

oh ok thank god cus I was so scared, thanks for telling me!

Quick Reply

Latest