The Student Room Group

BF was a gang member [Advice please]

This is a long read, so thank you to anyone who is willing to read all of this and understand the situation i am in right now! <3

So I met my BF in Uni, he moved to the same accommodation as me. We've been together for over a year now (both of us are now in second year). He's really sweet and nice to me and i really love him.

So I opened up to him about my past struggles with mental health, etc a week ago and he was supportive about it. And out of the blue, last night he opened up to me as well. He says used to hang around with his "friends" in London who made him do very bad things to other people. He broke down and expressed his feelings of regret, pain and mostly guilt of causing so much pain towards the families he has hurt. I wasn't sure what he meant, he didn't really explain much afterwards.

I know that he's lost a lot of friends to knife crime, but i did not know that he actually took part in it. I genuinely don't know how to feel about this. He's a very different person to who he was years ago, but i just don't know what to do. I want to help him cope with his mental health struggles but i have no idea what to say or where i can suggest he should go to seek help.

Going to the police won't do anything because there is no evidence to link him to anything, and i wouldn't do this anyway as it would totally break his trust.

Thanks for those who've read all of this.
there are some numbers that you can text anonymously to get help if he prefers to do it that way, if you search mental health help a lot of numbers come up. a good one is Samaritans I believe as they helped my little sister through some things. other than that just try to support him I know it's hard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending