The Student Room Group

November English language help wanted

I was 7 marks away from grade 4 and now I have to re take my gcse English language exam in November which is 4th November and 6th November. I need help with paper 2 how should I answer my questions and thing helpful I can use or add to my paper. Please help
Original post by Samaralhasan
I was 7 marks away from grade 4 and now I have to re take my gcse English language exam in November which is 4th November and 6th November. I need help with paper 2 how should I answer my questions and thing helpful I can use or add to my paper. Please help

Hi,

Have a look at Mr Bruffs videos, he has explanations to every question through his videos. Have you completed past papers?
Good methods of studying?ive tried loads
Have you tried mindmaps, flash cards, highlighting key words, etc etc. I find that condensing information into small pieces helps so that it doesn’t overwhelm you. You could even start off with writing a few key words linked to a specific topic and just memorise them:smile: Another main thing for good revision is to be organised within what you’re going to revise. For example a timetable of what subject youre going to and when. Just set yourself small tasks and you’ll be so happy! Be sure to take regular breaks to give your brain a rest and make sure your not distracted by things like your phone for example. Also, I find that I liked colour coding things for certain things so I knew exactly what was what. And take time and pride in your work so it’s presentable to look back on at any time, like I said organisation is key 🔑
Original post by Correcej16
Good methods of studying?ive tried loads

Repetition is the key thing :smile:
Original post by Hazzabear
Hi,

Have a look at Mr Bruffs videos, he has explanations to every question through his videos. Have you completed past papers?

Thanks for the information yes I am doing past papers but I found out that my vocabulary is really bad because English my 4th language and I moved the country recently so I don’t know any big word and you know I only have 2 weeks to practice so what should I do in this case?

Quick Reply

Latest