Is there life after death? What do you think? Watch

It'sjoe
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Death is my biggest fear. I know it’s going to happen one day, but I’m terrified. Not only that, I’m scared of seeing people I love die. I can’t let it control my life because time is precious and I want to make the most of the time I have left (however long that is).
My question is: Do you think there is something after death? Do you think there is life? Or do you think we just die and sleep for eternity?
thelocalkid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by It'sjoe)
Death is my biggest fear. I know it’s going to happen one day, but I’m terrified. Not only that, I’m scared of seeing people I love die. I can’t let it control my life because time is precious and I want to make the most of the time I have left (however long that is).
My question is: Do you think there is something after death? Do you think there is life? Or do you think we just die and sleep for eternity?
I do believe there is life after death and we will get rewards. But that rewards depends the good things you do in this world. Every little good things you do in this life counts and you will get the rewards in the hereafter.
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It’s a fear for me too, after falling ill my illness has a follow up illness that can occur a few years after you initially contract the first illness
thelocalkid
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
It’s a fear for me too, after falling ill my illness has a follow up illness that can occur a few years after you initially contract the first illness
That’s normal. We all the get that same fear when we see our body is letting us down. We feel like it’s the end and in the end of the day we feel better after medications. Don’t get scary and don’t watch video anything to do with death. Focus on the things you have to do, have a fun, go to gym. You have to make your mental strong so that it can handle such thoughts.
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by thelocalkid)
That’s normal. We all the get that same fear when we see our body is letting us down. We feel like it’s the end and in the end of the day we feel better after medications. Don’t get scary and don’t watch video anything to do with death. Focus on the things you have to do, have a fun, go to gym. You have to make your mental strong so that it can handle such thoughts.
I was on deaths doorstep when I was ill, I was dying but then made a slow recovery
davesantana
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ye. Allah(swt) will reward or punish us based on out actions on earth
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
the big D is waiting patiently for everyone. just accept it & enjoy life while you can
MrMusician95
Report 3 weeks ago
It depends what you believe. I'm an atheist so for me there is no life after death.
yzanne
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I reckon we come back as an animal - dependant on how well our lives went and how good we were as people, I think that that defines what animal you come back as. I.e. if you were amazing, you come back at the top of the food chain.
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by yzanne)
I reckon we come back as an animal - dependant on how well our lives went and how good we were as people, I think that that defines what animal you come back as. I.e. if you were amazing, you come back at the top of the food chain.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
"And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live (i.e. some people die and others live, replacing them) and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming. And when Our verses are recited to them as clear evidences, their argument is only that they say, “Bring [back] our forefathers, if you should be truthful.” Say, “God causes you to live, then causes you to die; then He will assemble you for the Day of Resurrection, about which there is no doubt,” but most of the people do not know" - [Quran, 45:24-26]
thelocalkid
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I was on deaths doorstep when I was ill, I was dying but then made a slow recovery
I felt the same way when I was child but here I’m again. So when our clock stops ticking that’s when go and no one knows when your time will end. Just have fun forget about these things but definitely don’t forget about that one day you will leave earth, that way you balance your life here and do the right things. Enjoy life while you can and do right by your fellow human beings ✌️
BlueIndigoViolet
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes

AlevelReject68
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by thelocalkid)
I do believe there is life after death and we will get rewards. But that rewards depends the good things you do in this world. Every little good things you do in this life counts and you will get the rewards in the hereafter.
"good" is a subjective term. What do you mean by it?
IrrationalRoot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
no cause you're dead
-Imperator-
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Death itself isn't something to be afraid of. Consider the thousands of years, before your birth, for which human civilisations have risen and fallen, the generations being born and perishing. Were you suffering for any of that time? Not at all! There's a certain peace and restfulness to oblivion.
On the other hand, being scared of seeing people that you love die is only right. I once heard someone say, for this very reason, that "everyone's life is a tragedy". I think it's helpful to practice being grateful, and to remember all the blessings we have received throughout our lives at the hands of those we love.
So while I don't think there's any life after death, I'm also quite at peace with the possibility that I might die at any minute. No one would want to live forever.
frogglet
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
maybe you should talk to a pastor and join a bible class...I think it could help you. only religions comfort people in issues like this really.
yzanne
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
What?
IAmComprehensive
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
nope theres no life, your just going to die along with your family, i guess you just have to deal with it, like the rest of us.

Jks but srsly there isnt any life, so live this life to the fullest.
Leviathanzzz
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Probably... definitely maybe. (Just maybe)

As soon as I understand my sentience, in the way it exists and I experience it right now, then I'll get back to you on if it [my sentience] has or will exist again.

The brain is the vessel of sentience, that much seems certain, now what remains to be determined is if it is distinctly dependent on our brain -let's say the brain is hardware- or if it can be taken -like software- and put into another vessel or host, through physical -like putting it into a computer- or metaphysical - like transcending this level or existence-. I believe these questions could answer your questions, but it is also my belief these are practically impossible.

Taking these assumptions, we can narrow it down to 2 broad possibilities A. Our sentience is confined to a physical host and to time. Death of the self may be delayed (finding a new host or slowing the perception of time) but is inevitable. B. Your sentience is somehow using the brain as a host in this moment, but is not ultimately confined to it. Perhaps death of the self is still possible, but it is independent of the laws of this universe.

Either is a leap of faith, take whichever makes you happiest

:afraid:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (53)
72.6%
No I haven't decided yet (11)
15.07%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
12.33%

Watched Threads